PHA8x128 arrived today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHA8x128 arrived today!

i have just bought a parhelia 8x, will have a play after writing this but good news is that the memory is 2.8ns, meaning it should be good for 360Mhz , maybe 400Mhz with a decent overclock, and the retail clocks on this card are 250 core 300 memory. The packaging has changed and so has the circuit board its printed on. Benchies to follow.
    is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
    Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

This is what parhelia should have been 18 months ago, it overclocks like a real winner. I currently have the memory set to 390Mhz(780DDR), and the core at 300Mhz, its getting just under 25000 aquamarks like this. The memory is topped out here. Its fully stable at 390, but artifacts appeard at 399. This board is with stock cooling. The memory would reach a max of 400 with ramsinks i beleive. Im still pushing the core, no signs of instablity yet.

Comment

Yeehaaw! Praise borat!

Wanna see benchmarks, also from standard clock!!! Please!!!

Does anybody know where I could buy one in germany? And how much it will cost in europe?

Greetz
      Che
      Last edited by Che Guevara; 17 April 2004, 05:40.
      P IV 3,06 Ghz, GA-8ihxp i850e, 512 MB PC-1066 RDRam, Parhelia 128 mb 8x, 40 + 60 gb IBM 7200 upm/2048 kb HD, Samtron 96 P 19", black icemat, Razer Boomslang 2100 krz-2 + mousebungee, Videologic sonic fury, Creative Soundworks

Comment

heres the screen shot of the aquamark summary
        Attached Files

Comment

Post your score in the thread in the benchmark section so we can compare with other boards!

Comment

Looks nice.
            Will it be faster than a 9600?(nonpro)
            ASUS P5B-E ;2GB G.Skill DDR2 Ram; C2D6420;lub 3D X1950pro ;SoundBlaster X-Fi;WinXP

Comment

Please also bench with standard clocks!

Hm, how will it compare to a normal Parhelia with a cpu over 2 Ghz in actual games?
              P IV 3,06 Ghz, GA-8ihxp i850e, 512 MB PC-1066 RDRam, Parhelia 128 mb 8x, 40 + 60 gb IBM 7200 upm/2048 kb HD, Samtron 96 P 19", black icemat, Razer Boomslang 2100 krz-2 + mousebungee, Videologic sonic fury, Creative Soundworks

Comment

it wont let me publish the 3d mark score, i think that matrox and futuremark have got together to prevent clocks becoming public knowledge, it was the same as trying to publish with the beta drivers of about 18 months ago, i have not got a username with aquamark but ill set one up after lunch and see if i can publish that. Stock scores in 3d mark were 9200 marks, not really that speacial i didnt think.heres the summary at 300/390, the core will not go to 310. Ill attatch my copper heatsink and ramsinks later this week, but the card is not going to be able to go over 310/400 at absolute max.
                Attached Files

Comment

New memory controller(s) in action? It's much better at realizing theoretical fill rates.

1200/4800 @ 300MHz
                  1105/4260

Still wondering when the card will be "official"/on Matrox's site, even though it seems it's popping up in various places for sale.
                  Last edited by bsdgeek; 17 April 2004, 06:47.

Comment

borat, what about the performance with standard clocks? Please check it out .

Did you noticed any banding? And what about FAA?

Comment

PH-A128R is out of stock @ shopmatrox.com, I think they will get the new P soon...

Comment

I'm starting to get jealous!

However, I was wondering if you have noticed any new DX9 features. This card could give me a good reason to upgrade, if it would support new games better.

Comment

There will be no "new" DX9 features. Most especially as long as they insist on compiling their drivers against the DX8 DDK.
                          "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Stupid me! How could you notice new DX9 features, when there is no full DX9 drivers available.

Comment

A good listing for aquamark3 and game benchmarks of different video cards (including p4x):

Comment

Working...
                              X