No announcement yet.

Q3 Screen Shot Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that some thing other than mip map levels may be responsible for the blur of the ramp because the TNT2 lets you set the number of mip map levels up to twelve and that didn't make a difference. Maybe that feature isn't fully enabled in the drivers yet. Don't know though.

Comment

I wouldn't put too much stock in colour comparison as these images have all been captured, converted, gamma corrected to different levels and resized.

Comment

When zooming it seems that the G400 shots show most JPEG quality loss.

These are just shots, and being just that I think I like the overall quality of the G400 shots best. The colours of the Permedia3 shot seem more realistic though (for whatever reason).
        P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

I think that's because they just HAD TO use all the colors there are in that game, and Permedia3 produces them flat and dim enough so they seem more realistic.

So Q3 surely looks better than with the competitiors but with games whose colors have been actually chosen carefully it would look bad.

B

------------------
          Excel 7.0, Winamp 2.23, Adobe Acrobat 4.0, QuickTime 4

[This message has been edited by Buuri (edited 06-29-99).]

Comment

Gotta be honest here, screenshots are a pretty lame way to judge a card. However, it is kinda interesting to see just how much, and in what areas the cards vary.

My thoughts on each shot:

G200: damn fine colours, pity about the texture res and dithering.
            G400: looks good with high res textures, is it playable like that?
            TNT2: eeek! where are my sunglasses!
            ATI: you could almost cut yourself on those textures!
            V3-3: washed out
            Per3: washed out (looks damn close to the V3 shot don't you think?)

bah, bring on the NV10/Napalm!!
            Agent. Copyright © 1998-99 Agent. All rights reserved.

Comment

Is that G400 screenshot with all the graphic tweaks, where the other cards are not tweaked? I know that my G400 screenshots look nothing like that. In fact they are much closer to the TNT2 Ultra shots unless I stand in a particular spot where the pathway seems to clear up. I noticed that the TNT2 Ultra shot is in a slightly different position as well.

- DJ
              My Packurd bell 166Megahurtz runnin at 233 on a ABIT ITH5 muther board,
              128MB EDO ECC RAM and a hole bunch of other cool stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X