still a problem with MTSU 401?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still a problem with MTSU 401?

I've downloaded the updated mtsu400 as posted on the MURC homepage & which states :Main Fixes
    - Fixed a problem where in some instances, the clock tweak tab would display the wrong values.

Now, I have a G400MAX at default speed but the o/clocker indicates I'm running at 116%.Card is recognised as G400DH by the utility!
    Is this error being seen by anyone else?

I don't believe that's an error, it's comparing your current clock speed to the default clock speed of a G400 (regular).

Rags

Comment

ayoub_ibrahim ... I get the same reading with my Max.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

In my case, this updated MTSTU400 shows my G200 (8 MB) at 36% clock speed,although its running at the default speed!!!!
        Wassup??

Comment

it's the second revision of MTSTU that supports overclocking... there still might be some issues that have to be sorted out, like with a lot of new things.

Comment

That's right dZeus ... the MURC is the alpha test group for Matrox.
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

The BBz went through a number of builds before 4.00.10 was released. Trust me, you guys aren't "alpha" testing anything.

The clock rate % report bug is know by Matrox, and is being worked on. As Rags said, with G400MAX, it is showing at 116% because that's what it is compared to a regular G400.
              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Just a joke Kruzin. I figured Matrox wasn't properly detecting the card if it didn't distinct the G400 from a Max or a G200: Perhaps there isn't even code in place to detect these cards/variants. AFA "alpha" ... these days I see many, many companies throwing out beta SW that isn't even at alpha level yet. I guess internet time is changing the meanings of these terms. "Ship it now and we'll fix it in the next release. We need the revenue." With MTSU, its certainly worth more than we paid for it.

Comment

xortam,

On the contrary, the utility DOES detect the card, but the clock frequency thing was doing as it was intended to, but it's obvious it can cause confusion. So, there will be a fix on the way.

The utility was released due to demand for a way to tweak the Matrox cards using Matrox software. I think the tech support guys are great for even making this public.

Rags

Comment

First off, let me say that I am thankful to the TS group for providing us with this utility: That was the point of my comment "its certainly worth more than we paid for it". Secondly, I said "Matrox wasn't properly detecting the card". The release notes just says that it supports the G400 AGP Series so perhaps that was a design/implementation decision to not distinct between the G400 and the G400 Max. However the utility is supposed to support the G200 AGP and PCI Series cards and it apparently doesn't properly recognize the 8 MB G200: That's a bug.

Comment

It recognizes my 8MB G200 just fine. The clock speed thing is the only thing that appears weird.

Rags

Comment

Rags ... Are you saying that your G200 shows up at 100% at default? Don't you think the utility thinks you have a G400 if it shows 36% at default?

Comment

Rags: Same here!
                          Btw, when it shows clock speed as 36%, does it mean that the G200's clock speed is 36% of the G400's?
                          Cheers
                          Ovi

Comment

xortam,

I already told you. It detects the G200 and G400 just fine. The only issue is the clock speed reporter. It is comparing to the wrong value, which can cause some confusion. It's not a problem with detecting the card, it's detected fine.

Rags

Comment

O.K. Rags ... perhaps you're right. i.e. the card is properly detected but the frequency display is not taking this into account. The Card Default function would correctly set your clock rate if the utility properly detects your card (and that function doesn't also have a bug). Does that function work correctly on your G200?

Comment

Working...
                              X