Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICQ in win2k.

Hi all,

I am having some problems with ICQ (2000a) under win2k. What happens is sometimes people don't appear online and available, when I know they are online and available for me to see. Also, I appear in different modes to other people than what I really am. Sometimes I appear offline, NA, or Away, all the while I am available. Now here is the weird part. When I am showing offline, and someone sends a message to me, I never get the message. I have reinstalled a couple of times, and have yet to find out what is causing all this.

Any ideas?

Rags

Why don't you try the 2000b. I am using it flawlessly in W2k.
    http://www.icq.com/download/

Comment

Sounds like ISP problems, I know I had my share. I would check the connection settings. It's also possible that your firewall, if you have one, causes it. I doubt that the problem is win2k itself, unless it's damaged somehow.

I'm using icq2000a also because I hate the stupid extra window you get with the b version.

------------------
      ------------
      ------

Comment

Try checking your network settings. You could also try using a different version of ICQ. If you use a firewall, try disabling it and see if ICQ works.

Actually, I want to go back to 99b, but it seems they change the DB every version, and I don't think you can convert the DB back to an older version. If I could convert it back, I would go back to 99b.

Comment

Matt, check port 5190 and or 4000. These are the ones normally used.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X