Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun stuff to do in Japan

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

That was very cool! Great Choreo and technique!
    I take Jodo lessons and often cut bamboo matts, we call it Tameshigiri.

Comment

Super envious. I'm fluent in Japanese (planning to take exam this year) and travelling to Japan is a dream. Maybe this year I will finally go.

Great video and good to see you're enjoying time with your family.

Comment

Ha, my oldest daughter and fiancee are going on a trip to Japan in May.
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I use up most of my paid vacation for teaching IT courses. So the only vacation time for me is Christmas to new Year. The last time I was on real vacation was summer 2019.

I have saved up 1.5 annual salaries in 3 years.

Comment

We had reservations to go to Japan on honeymoon: my wife would love to travel there. The reservations were needed as Japan was closed for tourists due to covid and it took a long time for them to reopen. By the time they reopened, it was difficult for us to fit it with the work schedule: no way we could be more than 1 week with limited access (what's the point of going if you need to check your computer all the time) due to several ongoing European projects, so we cancelled.
            Now we just combine project meeting with travel: just after Easter we will have a meeting in Denmark, so we will go by car and take a long weekend before and after. Not fully the same as holidays, but at the moment the best we can manage. That way we did manage to see a lot of Germany (we usually have to drive through it), and with Spanish and Italian partners in the project there are some prospects.
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

If you're passing by Slovenia on your way to Italy ping me and we can for a drink.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
                If you're passing by Slovenia on your way to Italy ping me and we can for a drink.
                Will do if possible!
                pixar
                Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
                X