Us Trip thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Us Trip thread

So I think I remember there was a thread on here, IIRC started by VJ, for tips on his (alleged) USA trip but for the life of me I can't find it (a small thread) started bu Utwig I did find). I'll be in California and Colorada end of May to end of June and would like to read up on those trusted posts. Anyone remember the thread?

We'll be getting prepaid US SIM cards, that's fine.
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

I think the thread was this

Comment

Thanks but I think I remember a far older thread, like 2015 or older?

@VJ: Didn't you do a US trip about a decade ago?
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

24 years ago I was in Atlanta (for work) and made a trip to New York City.

Around 10 years ago, I was in San Francisco (for work, with only a few days for site seeing). I'm not sure I posted about it here as I knew I would not have much time.

edit: I found this on MURC: http://www.murc.ws/showthread.php?72...oad-Trip-ideas
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Fat Tone, sry, confused. Many thanks!

Oh, no, that was not the one. But he, it maybe my brain is melting or somesuch.

Comment

Working...
          X