Hey Hey Hey, look who's back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Hey Hey, look who's back!

Its been a while since I came here, I am glad to see my good old friends still doing well.
    Been extremely busy with the little guy, he's 7 years old now, excelling in hockey may I add
    So my life has been revolving around his schedule and my wife's demands to keep a the house clean and the yard looking great at all times.

Still editing video's here and there using my Matrox MXO2, just personal stuff, like Aikido seminars and company related events. Ton of old VHS tapes that I am converting to mpegs.

I was promoted to senior instructor at our dojo, so I'm excited about that, been teaching for a while ,which helps me grow and learn even more.

Other than that, all is good here.
    Hope you are all doing good as well.

Cheers!

Nice to hear from you!

Our kids are all professionals now, and our grandson is in college pursuing a medical sciences degree and a lovely young geology student. I have a feeling he will pursue her until she catches him.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 11 August 2022, 11:34.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Hey, great to hear an update.
      Just a few old-timers remain here...

I got married 2 years ago, became D. Sc., but other than that not much has changed...
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Hey Elie. Nice to see you back . Long time no se.
        paulw

Comment

Good to hear the update and good you're active in martial arts.

Comment

Congrats VJ!
            I see this Forum has quieted down a bit. Is Doc not heavily active any more?
            My two older kids are in University, one in Biology and one in game design and production. Interesting times.
            Good to see people still active here.

Comment

Doc used to post a lot of space-related updates... nice to have the updates, but now he hasn't posted in a while...

Two kids at university... Where are the times when we ourselves were there. I think I've been on murc for almost 25 years... Still a bit of a shame it got so quiet here... I check almost every day and try to post some things every now and then.

(If I come round to writing it, I may have a rant-post coming up on the replacement of a showerfaucet . It is a wild story, from malfunctioning main valves, delivery of a faulty tap, service visits and need for a virtually non-existent custom key to install it... Beware if you consider the Grohe GrohTerm 2000... umfriend will probably have some apartment related comments...)
              pixar

Comment

And we still haven't seen pics IIRC...
                Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
                  And we still haven't seen pics IIRC...
                  You are really twisting my arm here... but ok... here you go:
                  20221126_140846.jpg
                  (it looks worse IRL: the knob is more than 1mm offset to the back and the gap on the back is also much bigger than on the front)

Last edited by VJ; 13 December 2022, 06:00.
                  pixar

Comment

I FEEL CHEATED!

have we ever seen the pics of you renovated appartment?
                    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I once posted a photo of a piece of fiber cable after I got FTTH.... Does that count?

Problem is that now it is far too messy: some wardrobes were taken down but then we got flooded with work so we did not manage to put new ones. And whenever we have time, something else comes up (e.g. the tap issue, tv at aunt, ...). So now it is not really in a state I want to share photos of...
                      pixar

Comment

Working...
                      X