Hurtling bike on highway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurtling bike on highway

On doing my monster move I had a moment like on dashcam videos.

Doing 140km/h on highway (87mph) the car in front is carrying 3 bicycles on roof. All of a sudden the left bike above driver disentangles front wheel first to side and hurtles towards me. Fortunately I had enough safety distance and was able to brake to 90km/h and switch to fast lane as bike fell on the road in front of me and bounced off with objects breaking off towards the shoulder. Also luckily I changed to summer tires on that very day. They have better grip and are less worn than winter tires.

As far as I saw back no other car hit the bike and the bike stopped on the edge of driving lane.
    Last edited by UtwigMU; 3 May 2022, 14:15.

Sounds like fun practice for a gymkhana.

In downtown Detroit drivers have to be content with pieces of old bridges falling off and hitting their hood.

Fortunately, they're finally getting around to fixing them.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Wow! I have no clue what damage a 7Kg bike can do to a car that it collides with at 90Km/h but it'd be a scare for me for sure.
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
      X