Greebe RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Umf. I hope you are doing ok.

What kept me away? Losing the habit I guess. Murc was my homepage at one point. I still have the murc keyring.

It's nice to see so many of the old regulars are still here. Is there any other major murc/murcer news?
    FT.

Comment

Transformx has a beautiful baby daughter with his new waifu.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
        Thanks Umf. I hope you are doing ok.

What kept me away? Losing the habit I guess. Murc was my homepage at one point. I still have the murc keyring.

It's nice to see so many of the old regulars are still here. Is there any other major murc/murcer news?
        Yeah, I'm fine. Murc is still sort of my homepage which implies an easy life as not much is happening here, which I find sad but well..
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
          Transformx has a beautiful baby daughter with his new waifu.
          Excellent!
          FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
            Yeah, I'm fine. Murc is still sort of my homepage which implies an easy life as not much is happening here, which I find sad but well..
            There aren't too many groups out there with the same like-mindedness and free of the usual dross, murc was always a haven for that.
            FT.

Comment

Had a son and a grandson start college - the same year ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                Had a son and a grandson start college - the same year ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                Congrats Doc...some interesting timings there!

In the last year or so I have had one son finish his masters in Comp Sci and start a fantastic job and my other son start a masters in Physics.
                FT.

Comment

Well congrats to you both, well done!
                  Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                  [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Congrats!

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
                    Is there any other major murc/murcer news?
                    Not sure how long you were missing... I got married (last year July, in the middle of pandemic - party is still to come)... finished habilitation (I think it is also know as "doctor of sciences") and became professor (not full professor, that is yet another step here)... Started take up flying again (Diamond DA20), managed a couple of nice flights but then work got in the way and now also the weather.
                    Last edited by VJ; 13 November 2021, 14:26.
                    pixar
                    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

We spent the warm weather fishing, boating, visiting lighthouses, etc. Just make sure you have a largish boat because Huron and the other Big Waters will turn on you in a flash. No place for inland lake dinghys.
                      Dr. Mordrid
                      ----------------------------
                      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
                        Congrats!

Not sure how long you were missing... I got married (last year July, in the middle of pandemic - party is still to come)... finished habilitation (I think it is also know as "doctor of sciences") and became professor (not full professor, that is yet another step here)... Started take up flying again (Diamond DA20), managed a couple of nice flights but then work got in the way and now also the weather.
                        But the big news you're waiting for, @FT, no, VJ still hasn't posted pics of his appartment

Comment

RIP Greebe I'll miss our speaker discussions..
                          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Rest In Peace Greebe.

I really should have come back here more often...
                            PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                            Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                            +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Working...
                            X