• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon Heavy; US Space Force-44 spysat

USSF-44 spysat

Date: October 9, 2021
    Time: TBD
    Pad: LC-39A
    Recovery: 2 boosters on Just Read the Instructions and A Shortfall of Gravitas
    Orbit: direct insertion to geosynchronous orbit

Bring yer popcorn
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Falcon Heavy will be flexing its muscles a bit; three direct to geostationary satellites at once. No GTO (geostationary transfer orbit), straight to 35,785 km (22,236 miles).

USSF-44: a US spysat

Aurora 4A: a commercial commsat

TETRA-1: a tech demo microsat built by Boeing's Millennium Space Systems [read: Boeing Phantom Works] for USSF's Space and Missile Systems Center’s Space Enterprise Consortium

Date: October 9, 2021
    Time: TBA
    Pad: LC-39A
    Recovery: Expended center core. 2 boosters on Just Read the Instructions and A Shortfall of Gravitas
    Orbit: direct insertion to geosynchronous orbit

Aurora 4A

TETRA-1
    Millennium Space Systems, a Boeing subsidiary, designed, manufactured, assembled, and integrated the U.S. Space Force TETRA-1 satellite in 15 months,
    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Falcon Heavy USSF-44 live stream

Date: Nov 1

Time: 0941 Eastern

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 31 October 2022, 19:51.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Man, that landing of the boosters still is an amazing sight to me. Hadn't realised these were succesful number 150/151 already. Just like rockets, time flies.
        Last edited by Umfriend; 2 November 2022, 01:44. Reason: Typo
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Russia also did two lunches recently. A military spy satellite and Progress cargo to ISS. Despite the war ISS is still operating on cooperative basis.

Comment

And yes, the landing of boosters is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
              Man, that landing of the boosters still is an amazing sight to me. Hadn't realised these were succesful number 150/151 already. Just like rockets, time flies.
              As God and Robert A. Heinlein intended...
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                As God and Robert A. Heinlein intended...
                As can be read in the letters from Paul to the Russians (being the first to travel space)? I thought those were considered apocryphal?
                Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
                  As can be read in the letters from Paul to the Russians (being the first to travel space)? I thought those were considered apocryphal?
                  God & RAH will be getting a workout given Falcon Heavy will be flying rather frequently.

Right now it's waiting for payloads to be completed, but it'll be flying not only DOD payloads but missions to the asteroid Psyche, Jovian Moon Europa, and multiple missions for the Artemis lunar program including parts for the Lunar Gateway station and the new Dragon XL for lunar cargo.

It and Vulcan will be taking over for the Delta 4 Heavy, put carrying much larger payloads.

Then comes Starship for the really big stuff. NASA says the first test flight should come next month.
                  Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 16 November 2022, 01:50.
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                  X