No announcement yet.

car buying these days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot to mention the first service. Very smooth, quite a big checklist of things that were done: apart from the normal things (such as oil change - the boxer takes 6 l, various filters changes including cabin filter), there are weirder things such as taking apart the brakes, cleaning them; checking locks and doorhandles.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Small update... We decided to sell the 11 year old Hyundai i10 and keep the 20 year old Polo. We were still doubting, but my mother-in-laws broken right elbow earlier this year made the decision for us: the Polo is an automatic, so she'll be much faster able to drive it (she already is able to drive it). The i10 went for quite a nice price, about 1/3rd of its new price 11 years ago, much more than the Polo would go for.

Meanwhile, Polo did have 2 expensive fixings that were quite blocking for using the car. First was the siren of the alarm (which started going at random times - but because it is tied in with the central locking, there was no easy way of bypassing it, so you could not leave the car locked somewhere), second was a broken wiper motor (front wipers) which rendered the wipers non-functional. Let's hope these were two quirks, and that now it starts behaving. Both these fixings were problematic as the wait for parts was quite long and we could not use the car in the mean time.

The Subaru goes to its second service, it now has close to 28000 km (service interval is every 15000 km, we went earlier to the first service as we needed the car for a long drive). Still very satisfied with it, long drives are so relaxing with it.

One tip: tinted rear windows are surprisingly useful. They not only hide very well what is in the back of the car, but they really prevent the car from heating up in the sun (esp. when you can park it with the back towards the sun). We were not convinced about it when looking for a car, but it came standard on the version we bought.
      Last edited by VJ; 27 July 2023, 04:24.
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
      X