Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: car buying these days...

Quote Originally Posted by VJ View Post
    Picked up the car on Friday.
    Still very apologetic, and I have the impression relieved no accident happened because of their error. The excuse as to how it happened is a bit weak: they did not clean the springs well enough, which made the damages (which were right at the bottom of the springs) difficult to see...

They really managed to do it quite fast and gave me a big discount on the work. So I'm ok with how they dealt with it.
    Good news then
    Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
    ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Yup.
    Meanwhile we are planning another big trip with the Subaru: from Warsaw via Bremen and North-Netherlands to Enschede (project meeting), then on to Belgium (family visit) and then back via Dusseldorf (another project meeting) to Warsaw...
    Last edited by VJ; 12th April 2022 at 07:39.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Quote Originally Posted by VJ View Post
    Yup.
    Meanwhile we are planning another big trip with the Subaru: from Warsaw via Bremen and North-Netherlands to Enschede (project meeting), then on to Belgium (family visit) and then back via Dusseldorf (another project meeting) to Warsaw...
    Funny, I've lived in the Netherlands all my life but I think this means you get to go to Enschede before I ever do (and it's not a big town but not an out-in-the-woods village either). How many KM is that trip in total?
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Haven't fully checked yet, but well over 3000 km. The longest section will be around 1000 km, but with 2 drivers and full highway driving it is well doable.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Thread Information