Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russia launches ISS Nauka module (new cracks in the Zarya module)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They aren't making a public stink, but NASA, ESA etc. are.not.happy. and there are still questions about the Nauka tanks being empty (therefore: safe).

And, the Zvezda module is still leaking atmosphere.

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 1 August 2021, 16:03.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

NASA and Boeing say they’re ready to make a second attempt to launch the company’s CST-100 Starliner spacecraft on an uncrewed test flight.

>
      Vladimir Solovyov, designer general of RSC Energia and flight director of the Russian segment of the ISS, said in a Roscosmos statement July 30 that the thruster firing was caused by a software problem. “Due to a short-term software failure, a direct command was mistakenly implemented to turn on the module’s engines for withdrawal, which led to some modification of the orientation of the complex as a whole,” he said.
      >
      However, the situation may have been more serious than what NASA originally claimed. Publicly available telemetry showed much greater excursions in roll, pitch and yaw during the hour it took to restore the station’s attitude.

“Reports of ISS only being 45 degrees out were premature,” Zebulon Scoville, a NASA ISS flight director, tweetedJuly 30. “We proceeded to do headstands and cartwheels. Olympic judges would be proud.”
      Zebulon Scoville @Explorer_Flight
      Was force fight between MLM and ISS SM thrusters. Based upon moment arm, the ISS brought a knife to a gun fight. Reports of ISS only being 45 degrees out were premature. That was first call from ADCO. We proceeded to do headstands and cartwheels. Olympic judges would be proud.

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 1 August 2021, 19:53.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

There are new cracks in the Zarya module.

I'm sure ISS doing backflips because of Nauka had nothing to do with it

Russian cosmonauts find new cracks in ISS module

MOSCOW, Aug 30 (Reuters) - Russian cosmonauts have discovered new cracks in a segment of the International Space Station that could widen, a senior space official said on Monday, the latest in a series of setbacks.

"Superficial fissures have been found in some places on the Zarya module," Vladimir Solovyov, chief engineer of rocket and space corporation Energia, told RIA news agency. "This is bad and suggests that the fissures will begin to spread over time."

He did not say if the cracks had caused any air to leak.

The space official has said previously that much of the International Space Station's equipment is starting to age and has warned there could be an "avalanche" of broken equipment after 2025.
        >
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
        X