No announcement yet.

Headcasting is back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually can most likely not make the weekend after this one. @Utwig: We could play a couple of 3+2 at lichess.

Edit: Speaking of gaming: Anyone here playing League of Legends? My 19yo kid got me to play but I suck so bad at it
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
      I actually can most likely not make the weekend after this one. @Utwig: We could play a couple of 3+2 at lichess.

Edit: Speaking of gaming: Anyone here playing League of Legends? My 19yo kid got me to play but I suck so bad at it
      I'm on chess.com but I can also make lichess account. You're a better player than me, I have around 1300-1400 blitz rating and ~1250 bullet rating on chess.com. I'm up for it.

Comment

Speaking of gaming:

I hadn't had a proper gaming rig since 2006: Parhelia + dual Athlons overclocked to 3200+ or T42p with Radeon 9600. But I'm thinking of cobbling together something in 700 EUR range for Christmas holidays.

Comment

I actually can most likely not make the weekend after this one.
          Not even if I would live-video connect from.... the apartment.... (duh duh duuuuh)

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
          I hadn't had a proper gaming rig since 2006: Parhelia + dual Athlons overclocked to 3200+ or T42p with Radeon 9600. But I'm thinking of cobbling together something in 700 EUR range for Christmas holidays.
          I added a Geforce 1070 to my Intel 4970k and use it for gaming. We don't play the latest games, and with the ones we play it manages surprisingly well. The Witcher I in full quality, Close To The Sun in full quality, ...
          There are often very nice giveaways on Epic games (every week, but sometimes they really have nice games).

The card I got was the MSI ITX-1070, as my case depth is limited and that card got good reviews... and is quiet (even shuts down the fan when not needed). Very happy with it: of course I can hear it when it spins up, but that only happens in some game situation and then still it is not that much louder than my projector (possibly because that one is closer-by, but it is what your hear where you sit that matters).... Now of course the 1070 is already quite weak, but I'm nicely surprised how well it manages.
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
            I'm on chess.com but I can also make lichess account. You're a better player than me, I have around 1300-1400 blitz rating and ~1250 bullet rating on chess.com. I'm up for it.
            It's been a while that I was on Chess.com, I think I am in the 1500 there. Your bullet is better than mine.

Try lichess. It is a very clean interface, tranquil I would say. Also, ratings are weaker there so I am consistently in the 1900
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

It's been a while that I was on Chess.com, I think I am in the 1500 there. Your bullet is better than mine.

Try lichess. It is a very clean interface, tranquil I would say. Also, ratings are weaker there so I am consistently in the 1900
              I know lichess because two Russian streamers I watch sometimes use lichess.

Comment

Working...
              X