experience with NeoRouter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• experience with NeoRouter?

Does anyone have experience with NeoRouter?
    NeoRouter is the ideal remote-access and VPN solution for homes and small businesses. It helps you manage and connect to all your computers securely from anywhere. It supports direct P2P connection, SSL encryption, network tunnel, user and access management, and remote wakeup.

It looks like an interesting solution to setup a home VPN... Free version supports up to 256 devices...
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Originally posted by VJ View Post
    Does anyone have experience with NeoRouter?
    NeoRouter is the ideal remote-access and VPN solution for homes and small businesses. It helps you manage and connect to all your computers securely from anywhere. It supports direct P2P connection, SSL encryption, network tunnel, user and access management, and remote wakeup.

It looks like an interesting solution to setup a home VPN... Free version supports up to 256 devices...
    Have you looked into OpenConnect VPN server? It's free, open source and supposedly compatible with Cisco/Juniper/PaloAlto Networks ssl vpn clients.
    Last edited by dZeus; 4 October 2020, 10:23.

Comment

I set up wireguard (you can use raspberry) on Centos 8 VM. It's awesome and easy to configure.

You just need to add two lines for a client (key and internal IP) to server config and add server IP and key to client config. Tested working on Linux and Windows 10.

If you want I can share my howto notes as I needed to combine/interpret 3 different howtos.
      Last edited by UtwigMU; 4 October 2020, 13:29.

Comment

My router doubles as an L2TP server (have not configured it yet though, so much to do so little time ), so that would be the most obvious solution for me.

But I just came across NeoRouter when looking for something else and had never heard of it. Just got curious... usually people here have played around with various things.
        pixar

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
          My router doubles as an L2TP server (have not configured it yet though, so much to do so little time ), so that would be the most obvious solution for me.

But I just came across NeoRouter when looking for something else and had never heard of it. Just got curious... usually people here have played around with various things.
          L2TP is not encrypted by itself. Do you intend to run it on top of IPSec, a common combination?

I'd strongly suggest to avoid the complexity of something like L2TP/IPSec and directly go with a modern SSL VPN solution such as WireGuard or OpenConnect VPN.

Comment

I don't need a VPN as such, but that is the combination my router supports (it also supports OpenVPN by the way). Still, it would be nice play with it, but as I don't need it and don't have time to mess with it, it is not going to be something I'll do soon.

I just like to learn what is out there: I know about several, but was surprised to see NeoRouter and not to have heard about it. It is really just trying to learn more.
            pixar

Comment

VPN is good for accessing local files and resources.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
                VPN is good for accessing local files and resources.
                I know what a vpn is ..... Just don't have an urgent need for it.
                pixar

Comment

I had some great thought that I was going to expand on but with all the open tabs, IMs and emails i've lost it and when I got back to the tab I pressed post.

Comment

Working...
                  X