No announcement yet.

Which stonks are you buying if any?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have any ideas for growth stocks, I'm close to my Q3 purchase. Reasonably stable good company with good outlook for next 5 years, bonus if it's a bit undervalued at the moment.

I have nVidia and MSFT which are both up 120% and 50%. nVidia is a bit high, so I wouldn't buy at this price. MSFT will continue to grow. Amazon, Google stocks cost 3k, so no. I'm not touching FB.
    AMD is also up (have 2 shares in my meme account) as well as Nokia, so also not sure if they will continue to grow. AMD market cap is close to Intel.

I'm thinking of Intel since they finally got new process going.

Anyone following big oil or big tobacco? Exxon, Altria?

We now have inflation of everything: decent tech stocks (example Oracle) up, apartments, real estate up 20% or more, yoghurt and coffee I buy regularly up 20%, petrol up 30% year over year.
    Fed said they will taper and stonks went up. Probably not until next year before we see any interest hikes. Dividend yields will probably not keep up with inflation and also I have 50/50 between dividend and growth split, my plan is to up the growth part to 80-90% of portfolio.
    Last edited by UtwigMU; 5 November 2021, 10:39.

Comment

• Rivian surpases VW market cap with $146bn

Comment

• Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
        Rivian surpases VW market cap with $146bn
        We live about 12 miles from Rivian's Plymouth, MI engineering facility, so they're seen rather often on local roads.

The R1T pickup is rated a Class 2b, with a gross weight rating of 8,501 - 10,000 lbs (3,856 - 4,536 kg), the same as Ford F-250, Chevrolet Silverado 2500, and Ram 2500. It takes a Class V hitch (gross trailer weight 17,000 lbs with a max tongue weight of 1,700 lbs).

Sounds impressive, but up close it's not as large as it sounds with just a 4.5 foot bed (gate up) vs many trucks with a 6 - 8 foot bed.

That said, it has a NICE interior, and a tunnel which runs side to side across the truck. Doors on both sides, it's good for long tools, golf clubs, etc. Being an EV, it also has a big Frunk (front trunk) where the engine would normally be, and AC outlets in handy places.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

• Tesla will be installing 2 Megapack grid storage battery systems in the UK; the 49.5MW/99MWh Chapel Farm battery project near Luton in England, and the 49MW/98MWh Jamesfield Farm battery project near Abernethy in Scotland.

Tesla Energy's home, commercial and grid orders crossed over into profitability in July 2021, and they now have an order backlog. Once the chip shortage clears (a $17B Samsung chip factory is opening near Tesla's new & massive Austin, TX facility) they plan a serious ramp.

StarLink equipment will also be built in Austin, TX.
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

• So what percentage of your portfolio is TSLA (+54% YTD)?

I'm leaning to buy more MSFT (+52% YTD) as AMD, NVDA are expensive (own some), INTC will take about a year for Sapphire Rapids to hit and iron out kinks, Gates foundation recently bought MSFT, has reasonable PE, comparable to other tech stocks, is inelastic (businesses need Office) so they can pass inflation to business customers.

Would anyone know why are banks such as Goldman Sachs + 75% per 1Y, +48% YTD while interest is still low and bank profits are low?
            Last edited by UtwigMU; 17 November 2021, 17:21.

Comment

So what percentage of your portfolio is TSLA?

I'm leaning to buy more MSFT as AMD, NVDA are expensive (own some), INTC will take about a year for Sapphire Rapids to hit and iron out kinks, Gates foundation recently bought MSFT, has reasonable PE, comparable to other tech stocks, is inelastic (businesses need Office) so they can pass inflation to business customers.
              30%
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

• Apple will launch car. By history of other EV stocks it could become more valued than all other MAAMGs combined.
                Last edited by UtwigMU; 18 November 2021, 12:54.

Comment

• Got some more MSFT today.

Comment

• Blow the whistle on Tesla!

Tesla Cyberwhistle only $50 and out of stock currently

Comment

Sold out the first day. Wonder if they'll issue more?
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

• If Tesla were to make an announcement on December 9th, I believe it will be a merger with SpaceX, Boring Company and Neurolink

If you haven’t heard, there’s speculation going around that Elon will make an announcement on December 9th with what people believe have been clues he’s been leaving in Tweets, like he has before with other announcements. The vast majority believe that if so, it will be a stock split announcement. I believe it will be a merger. Or it could be both. You can read about the clues here. Considering the amount and timeline of hints, I believe it would be bigger than a split.

Comment

• A book came out by WSJ's Tim Higgins claiming Elon Musk and Tim Cook discussed a Tesla-Apple merger, but they both denied it.

Tesla Inc. CEO Elon Musk said July 30 that he never met with Apple Inc. about a potential takeover and slammed the tech giant’s App Store fees, calling them a “global tax on the internet.”

There's been talk of another Tesla stock split, the last being 5:1.

There are too many reasons for SpaceX to remain a private company, and its most likely move is to spin-off StarLink a publicly traded company. Not likely until the Gen 2 satellites are deploying.

Could Musk form a holding company for all or part of his businesses? Sure.
                          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

• I expect you to write up by the end of the year how did you do in 2021. What were your gains or losses like? What do you expect from 2022, any ideas?

I read a post saying that despite all the increase in money supply velocity went down since people saved during covid crysis. Once pandemic winds down, velocity will increase and inflation will pick up even more. We had record growth recently so I can foresee a correction in 2022.
                            Last edited by UtwigMU; 14 December 2021, 14:14.

Comment

• How did you all do in 2021?
                              I did 33% in my serious portfolio, pwned NASDAQ and Warren Buffet but everyone is a genius in bull market. Last year I only did 3%
                              Biggest winners: NVDA, MSFT (2nd best of FAAMGs after GOOG YTD), SI:SALR (2nd on LJSE, YTD)
                              My meme portofolio is up 49% but I only have a few shares of AMD and NOKia there. Didn't invest much since IBKR sold 2 shares of palantir to pay for inactivity fees which were then canceled. Despite that I did good return.

Watchlist: INTC, PYPL (both highly shorted), SOXX companies.
                              Red Hat part should now be about half of IBM's market cap and I expect growth to start showing in stock price.

Doc, when will you buy a Tesla from your gains, up 54% YTD
                              Last edited by UtwigMU; 28 December 2021, 13:01.

Comment

• I don't really know. I have done well but it would have been hard to fail this year. I only hope FUR (Fugro) will rebound somewhat. That turned out to be a long term investment in a not so pleasant way.
                                Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                                [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
                                X