No announcement yet.

Which stonks are you buying if any?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSFT did well, beat expectations, revenue up 11%, Azure up 35% but slower than expected cloud growth.

Comment

• Philips is going down the drain. I started picking them up when they were like 50% below ATH but, guess what, no problem losing another 50%. This means I'll be making option premia and dividends for a long time most likely.
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

• 7% dividend on PHG is not bad. Meanwhile MSFT tanked because of weak guidance despite good results. I would say market expectations are still irrational
        Last edited by UtwigMU; 28 October 2022, 02:49.

Comment

• Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
          7% dividend on PHG is not bad.
          True, but I wonder whether they will keep dividends at the same level.
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

• AMZN is down 15%. IMO AMZN, NVDA, INTC, AMD are all near or bellow enterpise value buy territory.

MCD, VISA did very well.

Musk buys Twitter and fires chief censor. At least some good news.

Comment

• So now that my serious account is on track, I want to give my YOLO IBKR account some love. So I looked into placing an order to YOLO into TQQQ (3x leveraged NASDAQ) and the IBKR does not allow retail investors invest in TQQQ. I see TQQQ offered in serious account but minimum commission would be a killer on what I'm willing to YOLO so I haven't placed the order.

Since we're still communist, options are taxed at 50% and all startups move abroad. So no options for me and IBKR wants 50k in account before you can YOLO on options.

I'm YOLOing beer money so nothing to worry.
              Last edited by UtwigMU; 28 October 2022, 09:22.

Comment

So now that my serious account is on track, I want to give my YOLO IBKR account some love. So I looked into placing an order to YOLO into TQQQ (3x leveraged NASDAQ) and the IBKR does not allow retail investors invest in TQQQ. I see TQQQ offered in serious account but minimum commission would be a killer on what I'm willing to YOLO so I haven't placed the order.

Since we're still communist, options are taxed at 50% and all startups move abroad. So no options for me and IBKR wants 50k in account before you can YOLO on options.

I'm YOLOing beer money so nothing to worry.
                Wow. At least we do not have that kind of ridiculous shit in the Netherlands. Traded options (and gains/losses thereon) are not treated any different from any other investment.

Meanwhile, Fugro is now my third (of 6) stocks where I have completed phase I of my "investment strategy" which basically is to write options such that resulting stock buy/sells (through assignments) result in ending with 100 shares at negative cost (i.e. P&L from the stock trades alone > cost on 100 shares) while pocketing option premia over time. In the case of Fugro, I actually ended up with 200 shares (@13 a piece) plus 2.7K euro at the cost of a maximum exposure at some time of 20K(!).

It's actually similar, I guess, to just double on red with roulette until you win although with roulette your expected return is negative while in my case, at least I can say that I should always have an expectation of a positive result. Fugro took me just a tad over two years. I fear Philips will take me longer (and with a bit more funds at risk as well).

Comment

• Seems like mini rally was killed by JPow telling he won't take foot of the hiking pedal in December.

Comment

Seems like mini rally was killed by JPow telling he won't take foot of the hiking pedal in December.
                    Can't do that until at least the BidenBucks etc. have worked their way through the system. Once the new Congress is seated the spending brakes will go on pretty hard.
                    Dr. Mordrid
                    ----------------------------
                    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                      Can't do that until at least the BidenBucks etc. have worked their way through the system. Once the new Congress is seated the spending brakes will go on pretty hard.
                      I doubt that. Rather, I would think a GOP-congress would lower taxes, not spending, thus bankrupting the federal government which is the goal anyway.

Comment

• I heard some analysis where J Powell (installed by Trump and US banking elites) will continue to tighten for quite some time into early next year.

Comment

I heard some analysis where J Powell (installed by Trump and US banking elites) will continue to tighten for quite some time into early next year.
                          Yes. I would expect the FED and the ECB to raise rates quite a few times still.

Comment

• Good CPI print despite no red wave so everything is up. I expect this will not be yet the end of tightening, so still some pullbacks expected in December or January.

AMD and NVDA up bigly.

Comment

• Yes, it is a reasonable print, regardless of what the right is saying. We'll have a few more hikes I think but I am now thinking more in the 0.5% area, so max 1.5% in the next 6 months. I expect a rather soft landing barring new crises.

Comment

• IBM reached 52 week high at 148, up 9% YTD, my best stonk this year.

I read Get Rich With Dividends book. The idea is that you invest in companies which consistently pay at least 3.5% dividend and grow their dividend by 10% or more. After a decade or so your yield on original shares is above 10% and if you reinvest dividends compounding kicks in. Companies which pay dividends over decades - Dividend Aristocrats - are stable and outperform indexes.

Sucks we don't have Roth IRA here. With 100k portfolio it would start to make sense to open a LLC and transfer shares there as LLCs pay corporate tax of 19% while individuals pay 25%.
                                Last edited by UtwigMU; 19 November 2022, 00:26.

Comment

Working...
                                X