No announcement yet.

Which stonks are you buying if any?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assuming you don't sell, you're saving up quite some capital then, nice.

I never did get that "quality of stock holders" argument but AFAIK, Buffet says the same thing.
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Haven't sold anything so far, investing for 1.5 years. There is a tax discount on sale profits the longer you hold stocks which goes down significantly after 5 years. I have another €€/month long term saving in a mutual fund.

The common wisdom goes you should save around 15% of your income and have around 1 annual salary saved by 30, 3 by 40, 6 by 50, 10 by 60, etc... I'm still quite a way behind this plan.

Median wealth here is 41k (higher than Germany and NL because of high home ownership) and I'm not near that either. Income wise I'm 1% but I'm still poor.
      Last edited by UtwigMU; 17 April 2021, 12:51.

Comment

Tesla posts record net income of $438 million, revenue surges by 74%

KEY POINTS

• Tesla reported record net income of $438 million during the quarter, as well as earnings of 93 cents per share on $10.39 billion in revenue.

• In its earnings release, the company said it has weathered chip shortages that have plagued the auto industry in part by “pivoting extremely quickly to new microcontrollers, while simultaneously developing firmware for new chips made by new suppliers.”

• On an earnings call, CEO Elon Musk said the delayed new version of the company’s Model S sedan will be delivered starting in May 2021, and Model X deliveries will begin in the third quarter of the year.
        >
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Good meme that sums up the state of things. Cool babes too.

Comment

Lol
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

nVidia to split stock 4 to 1.

Granies calling me how to buy ripple and looser rich man's son calling me how to get in mining, no GPU between 300 and 1000 Euros in stock anywhere gave me a hint to get in nVidia earlier this year.

Comment

I'm a very small Chia farmer now.

No, I did not buy any HW, just use what I had laying around idle. And I am still extremely cryptosceptic. Just a bit of fun tinkering.

I'm actually not buying stock (aside from the montlhy investments in equity funds at a lower rate than Utwig). I just feel prices are to high.

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
                  I'm a very small Chia farmer now.

No, I did not buy any HW, just use what I had laying around idle. And I am still extremely cryptosceptic. Just a bit of fun tinkering.

I'm actually not buying stock (aside from the montlhy investments in equity funds at a lower rate than Utwig). I just feel prices are to high.
                  I bought some ABI speculating on reopening post covid (and no resurgence due to the indian variant), as well as some VACQ as I assume the space industry will go through some exponential growth over the next 20 years (valuation wise I probably overpaid by a lot given current performance).
                  The ABI will be sold off once it hits 80-90 range.

If the Indian Covid causes a new infection wave in the UK, then I might as well write off my entire stake in IAG.

While valuations are pretty insane across the board, so is the current commodities inflation. Keeping cash might not be a safe alternative. My best performing investment in the past 2 months has been a gold (not crypto) miner.
                  Last edited by dZeus; 22 May 2021, 18:21.

Comment

With similar reasoning, I suggested my wife to put a bit into an airliner. I am not a fan of airliners generally but they cut a lot of fat (i.e. staff and wage-costs/reductions) and I do expect people to fly a lot once possible. Could be wrong though, as I often am.

Comment

Once (or maybe better: if) travel restrictions are fully lifted, I expect IAG, Easyjet and Lufthansa to do really well. IAG has used covid to cut a lot of costs that were not politically easy to cut prior to covid, and they have a near-monopoly on Spanish flights now after their purchase of Air Europa.
                      Easyjet is overall a very well run airline and as a business traveller I've quite appreciated the quality of travel with them (provided you buy seats with priority boarding and relaxed cabin luggage restrictions). They fly on major airports and could easily snatch up more business travellers who want to save unnecessary costs and/or fly in modern planes.
                      Lufthansa already has a near-monopoly on flights to/from Germany and have been jacking up the price accordingly even before covid.
                      I see Air France-KLM as an at-risk company long-term.

Comment

MI has almost fully opened, and Memorial Day traffic was murder - looked like much of the populace traveled north to cottages/second homes/campgrounds. Sheesh...
                        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                          MI has almost fully opened, and Memorial Day traffic was murder - looked like much of the populace traveled north to cottages/second homes/campgrounds. Sheesh...
                          The UK is seeing a slight resurgence of covid cases, mostly of the B 1.617.2 variant. While in early stages, it may mean that the AstraZeneca vaccine does not provide sufficient protection to slow the spread much of this variant. It's too early to say this with confidence though, and the UK's vaccination rate seem to slow down and might reach a plateau that might be below levels providing herd immunity.
                          I'm not very confident that France will do much better, considering the level of vaccine distrust.

In other news, I had my first jab of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday. Second jab scheduled in 6 weeks.
                          Last edited by dZeus; 2 June 2021, 09:10.

Comment

AFAIK, in the UK, most have received just one shot as they wanted to get as many as possible to get at least one shot. That may be a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus View Post
                              >
                              In other news, I had my first jab of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday. Second jab scheduled in 6 weeks
                              We're spacing them 4 weeks apart, and tests are underway exploring mix & matching 2-shot vaccination boosters. Pfizer + Moderna or vice-versa, or can you use a Moderna mutation update if you originally had Pfizer. It'd help flexibility.

Whatever the sequencing, it appears the mRNA technology may be Nobel-worthy, especially if it results in HIV vaccines and outright treatments for chronic conditions.
                              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 2 June 2021, 21:54.
                              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

nVidia split 1:4 I'm up 45%

Portfolio up 25% but everyone is a genius in bull market. Saving and thinking for my next investment. I took H1 to double my rainy days cash so I won't feel held back when I see good opportunity. Also I think autumn won't be rosy.

IBKR dropped inactivity fees. I have two shares of Nokia in my meme portfolio which are up nearly 50% (from high 3s to high 5s) Wish I hadn't bothered with PLTR.
                                Last edited by UtwigMU; 22 July 2021, 08:14.

Comment

Working...
                                X