No announcement yet.

Guns thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doc, do you also use red dots? If so, which ones?

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
      Doc, do you also use red dots? If so, which ones?
      Nope. My SIGs have SIGLITE Night Sight tritium dots built in, and I'm also an instinctive shooter - a result of dad's training, archery wing shooting and competition trap & skeet.

The wife has lasers on her Rugers, but also learned instinctive shooting.

Our youngest likewise, or he might come around a corner and pin someone to a wall with his tactical crossbow.

Me: draw & rapid fire (.40 P250)
      post-347280-0-57095500-1339966503.jpg
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 7 January 2021, 21:02.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

This is excellent, I get similar results in slow fire at 15 meters.

Comment

55 years of practice with DA revolvers & pistols does wonders.

I'm not quite up to P250 levels with the P320, yet. It has striker fire and the P250's a hammer fire, and there's a trigger "feel" difference. Getting there.

Overall, I love SIGs. Especially these modular models where you can move the firing group between several different handle size, frame size, caliber & slide modules. 3 minutes to change from a subcompact .40 to a full size of another caliber with no tools. Maybe less.
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 8 January 2021, 12:34.
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

For those unfamiliar Sig is the Mercedes Benz of guns. For example where normal Glock or Smith & Wesson models cost 400-500 Sigs cost 900 and their competition / good looking pistols cost in 2500-3000 range where for example CZ Shadow or Walther PPQ Q5 Match cost 1200-1300. It's for people who have already arrived at their destination.

One guy at the range has a Sig P226 (besides revolvers) and he's like: I had some problems at the bank because I wanted to pay for car with cash and they said it exceeds cash payment limits. Or I bought a new BMW motorbike and I'm now picking instruction manual in different language.
            Last edited by UtwigMU; 8 January 2021, 13:28.

Comment

US sales being so high SIG Sauer opened a factory in the US (Newington, New Hampshire), so pricing is a bit different.

My SIG P250 came as a "2sum"; the firing group, 2 frames (subcompact and full size), 2 matching slides and 2 matching magazines for $600.

The SIG P320 starts at $499 for a standard compact and ramps with a whole laundry list of options. On their site you can start by picking a firing group (want it in camo?) then build your custom P320, like buying a Tesla.

For an alternate size/caliber the P320 offers an X-Change kit with the modules needed for the secondary config.

Firing group,

These are the modules for a frame size change, just insert the firing group in the handle and assemble.

For changing from a .40 S&W to a .357 SIG (.357 Mag equivalent) in the same frame size you just change the barrel & spring modules. The magazine is the same.

P320 is now the standard US military, DHS & INS sidearm as the M17 (full size) and M18 (compact), largely because it's so adaptable.
              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 9 January 2021, 04:51.
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

ÄŒeska zbrojovka buys Colt.

They already own Dan Wesson.

Comment

Seven Rules For Un-Armed Combat

1: never be un-armed

2: your handgun's caliber should not start with less than "4"

3: practice avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. If they fail,

4: anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammunition is cheap, life is expensive

5: someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it's empty

6: you will feel sad about killing another human being. It's better to be sad than to be room temperature

7. The only thing you ever say afterwards is, "He said he was going to kill me. I believed him."
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                  X