I finally have an M3D :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally have an M3D :)

Only taken me 20 years to finally get one but one popped up on an eBay alert and I dived straight in and bought it 20200610_145525.jpg

Looking forward to playing with it in the coming days!

Wow... Quake? The drivers can still be downloaded from Matrox
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Wow. Was this between Millennium PCI and G200?

Comment

My first setup with a 3D card was a Matrox Millenium and a M3D, on a pentium 166MMX.

That car brings back memories, memories and wanting a 3DFX and getting an M3D instead.
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I built machines back in the day with G200, G400 and last Matrox machine was an Athlon with a Parhelia 128. I still think that was the best image quality ever. Parhelia was while I was in Blackpool working at Victoria Hospital. Damn, that was 2003
          [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
          Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
          Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
          Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
          Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

I never got to buy a Parhelia and still think it is a shame it was unfeasible for Matrox to stay in the GFX market. Ah well.. I seem to be a fan of things that didn't make it (e.g. Blackberry, specifically OS 10).
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
            X