X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HT upgraded

Hi!

So I went ahead and upgraded my HT to my 'audiophile' dream since 2008:
    Morel Octave Signature floor-standing (bookshelf loudspeakers + passive sub woofers)

Got them from a store display for 1/3 the original price in piano black.
    Once done, I realized my my new loudspeakers are 4 ohm where the rest of the system (center and rears) are 8 ohm, plus they look way nicer.
    Also, the NAD C 316BEE I got with them to drive the subs is getting overheated when I go into the fun zone.

Bottom line, I'm getting the center and rears from the same series for a consistent look and sound, as well as a 'real' amp for my subs: Rouge audio studio n-6 with some custom work to add a High-end buffer board with gain (single-ended to differential conversion) + Alps RK47 pot + extra frontplate design.

Bottom line, this adventure is becoming very expensive, and that's while running off a Denon X2600H which is just barely adequate power wise for the center and 4 book shelf loud speakers.

I hope the end result will be fun!
    Last edited by TransformX; 6 June 2020, 12:22.
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

That looks nice! It's been a while since I got me something audio-wise. Ah well.
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Congratulations. With gear acquisition projects you always end up with needing something you overlooked.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
        Congratulations. With gear acquisition projects you always end up with needing something you overlooked.
        Reminds of the our Chief Lemon Buyer (The Pit) . But yeah, it's one of the reasons I basically buy nothing nowadays.
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Got the center + two bookshelves and stands. Sound is good...
          My wife is impressed and it's not like the previous setup was bad (Front: Mission M73, Rear: Wharfedale Modus 8, Center: Wharfedale Modus center).
          Still, she remembered watching a concert on youtube and having a very hard time distinguishing the harp sound despite seeing it being played.
          With the new loudspeakers she can now spot it between the other instruments.

Look wise, the piano black works wonderfully well and I have a more consistent look.

Waiting for the Rouge to be built, tested and shipped over.
          20200618_125934.jpg
          Last edited by TransformX; 18 June 2020, 03:35.

Comment

Bottom amp in the picture is going to power my subs.

2 x 600W beast based on the Rouge Audio Studio N-6.

Comment

Working...
            X