No announcement yet.

Hey guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had (and still have) a G450 PCI in a box here (I took it out when getting rid of the computer as I thought it could serve as a second card... it never did)... as well as a Parhelia in my Dual Xeon.... ... 18-or so years ago that sounded cool... It is still working though.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I may still have a Matrox Millenium PCI somewhere...
      "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

I still have my original Mystique 220 + RoadRunner.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I think I must have my Mystique 170 somewhere.
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
            I still have my original Mystique 220 + RoadRunner.
            Something felt off here... but my memory also let me down, so I googled it: Rainbow Runner!
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I have G200 both in my Proliant ML350 G6 ESX (dual Xeons but only one CPU) and in my Supermicro X9SCM FreeNAS.

Comment

But those are on the MB right, not by choice?
                Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Having a Matrox positively influenced my choice of motherboard, server. Latter generations no longer have them.

Comment

I didn't buy many Matrox cards, I earnt them

But I did just this week buy an M3D at long last! (only took me 20 years)

Comment

I had a Millenium, great 2D card, an M3D..... no comment. And a G200, which was awesome at the time.
                      Titanium is the new bling!
                      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
                        Something felt off here... but my memory also let me down, so I googled it: Rainbow Runner!
                        Gaah...autocorrect got me and I didn't notice
                        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I think I remember Doc having Amigas with Genlocks... jealous

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
                            I think I remember Doc having Amigas with Genlocks... jealous
                            And 2 Video Toasters, both of which still work.

Stayed with Ulead betas until MediaStudio Pro was discontinued, then did Premiere 6/6.5 and the first round of Premiere Pro. Found it disgusting, and since Adobe has done nothing but regularly shoot itself in both feet.
                            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                              And 2 Video Toasters, both of which still work.

Stayed with Ulead betas until MediaStudio Pro was discontinued, then did Premiere 6/6.5 and the first round of Premiere Pro. Found it disgusting, and since Adobe has done nothing but regularly shoot itself in both feet.
                              I went to Sony Vegas which was quite good except there was no Smartrender for AVCHD files. Takes forever to render out a file compared to Smartrender on MSPRO and miniDV files.
                              Don't do much video work these days.
                              paulw

Comment

Originally posted by paulw View Post
                                I went to Sony Vegas which was quite good except there was no Smartrender for AVCHD files. Takes forever to render out a file compared to Smartrender on MSPRO and miniDV files.

Don't do much video work these days.
                                I'm mostly on Linux and there are now a ton of good editors for it.

Lightworks is a really good cross-platform pro package with a free version that's output resolution limited.

A freeware Linux editor called Flowblade uses proxy files and is written in Python.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                                X