Untitled Tom Cruise movie to film in space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Untitled Tom Cruise movie to film in space

NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine confirms.

Tom Cruise will be riding the Crew Dragon spacecraft, seen here with NASA astronauts Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley. They ride to the International Space Station in 2-3 weeks.

Out Of This World! Tom Cruise Plots Movie To Shoot In Space With Elon Musk’s SpaceX

EXCLUSIVE: I’m hearing that Tom Cruise and Elon Musk’s SpaceX are working on a project with NASA that would be the first narrative feature film – an action adventure – to be shot in outer space. It’s not a Mission: Impossible film and no studio is in the mix at this stage but look for more news as I get it. But this is real, albeit in the early stages of liftoff.
    >
    There has never been a leading man (Jackie Chan might dispute this) who puts himself at risk as often as does Cruise, in the name of the most realistic action sequences possible. If he is successful shooting a project in Musk’s space ship, he will be alone in the Hollywood record books. Stay tuned.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Interesting.

But I am still pissed they had Tom Cruise play Jack Reacher.
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

As someone who hasn't read Jack Reacher, I feel he was not that bad in the movie...
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Avid Jack Reacher fan here. Let me lay it out:

Tom Cruise: Height 170cm, weight 68Kg, chest 44 Inches, eyes green
        Jack Reacher: Height 196cm, weight anywhere between 95-113Kg, chest 50 inches, eyes blue (but that one I don;t care about).

I'll agree Tom Cruise is a good actor though.
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

But I did not have the feeling that the character as portrayed by Tom Cruise needed to be so buff... I mean, it was not missing and with his posture, he is more plausible as a ghost who just disappears in a crowd... Try to stay under the radar if you are 196cm and don't live in Netherlands.. .
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

170cm? Tom Cruise Mapother IV? Seeing this dude in person, I'd say not. Maybe after being drawn and quartered for a few hours... I'd put him at 5'4" (and that's giving him some leeway). He'd be a perfect Pilot, Astronaut, Paratrooper, or Tank Crew Member, and would be a sought after body type for a Submariner. Tall, he is not.
            Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
              But I did not have the feeling that the character as portrayed by Tom Cruise needed to be so buff... I mean, it was not missing and with his posture, he is more plausible as a ghost who just disappears in a crowd... Try to stay under the radar if you are 196cm and don't live in Netherlands.. .
              Yes, being buff, or actually just rather big, is a requirement and in the books, it is indeed hard sometimes to be inconspicuous which he then has to deal with.

Originally posted by MultimediaMan View Post
              170cm? Tom Cruise Mapother IV? Seeing this dude in person, I'd say not. Maybe after being drawn and quartered for a few hours... I'd put him at 5'4" (and that's giving him some leeway). He'd be a perfect Pilot, Astronaut, Paratrooper, or Tank Crew Member, and would be a sought after body type for a Submariner. Tall, he is not.
              Well, when I google for it I get 170 to 172 cm. Maybe he is even shorter but I found no such indication and I haven't seen him in person.

Comment

Working...
              X