Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the MURC Folding@Home gourp number? : For COVID-19 Folding.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the MURC Folding@Home gourp number? : For COVID-19 Folding.

Just wondering what the group number is for MURC on F@H.

Just want to get my Vega rumbling while i'm not doing anything with it.
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

No clue, never heard about MURCers doing F@H, only R@H (which does not run on GPU AFAIK). You may need to create one? See if you can get it linked to Matrox Users. I think out BOINC Team ID is 11265 (https://www.boincstats.com/stats/14/team/detail/11265).
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

They're up to an Exaflop in computing power so far, if what i've read is correct.
      Just wanted to add my GPU in this time of need (The Covid-19 work units only use GPU).

Will get to doing it now. will update with MURC Group Number.

edit : Look at Anandtechs post about it :

PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.

Comment

MURC Team is 253556

Happy folding.

edit : I think it prefers Nvidia GPU's for their CUDA capabilities, but at least one of my Compute Streams is at a constant-ish 93-95%.
        (HWinfo is showing me this, Windows shows 1-2% usage in the GPU usage in Task Manager).
        Last edited by Evildead666; 26 March 2020, 13:16.

Comment

I think you could actually run both. Folding@GPU & Rosetta@CPU. 16 cores, that would be nice!
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Just found the Original MatroxUsers team number : 10045

Checking my Stats, and it showed past WU's, from previous Teams

AMD GPU's are not favoured at all, it did 7 WU's overnight, and now is saying that there is No WU available for this config..
            Going to leave it and see what it does.

My CPU isn't cooling very well.
            GPU Full load is 37°C, 52°C Hotspot, VRM 47°C.
            CPU is 70-80's
            same loop, will try and pull some Threads back and see if that helps.

Comment

Im folding on the original 10045 team.

Someone dosn't want me using my GPU for folding.
              While it is doing Work Units, my other PC has analog audio interference, even when I switch the audio to mute in windows.
              Its probably my Ancient Amp (Toshiba SB-A25), and the 5m Audio cable coming from the rear 3.5mm Jack...

Probably about time I unboxed one of the two Amps I bought a year or two ago, and the Optical S/PDIF cable that I ordered with it.

Right now, the CPU and GPU are working Full power, GPU Max Hotspot temp, 54°C, CPU max temp (16 Threads) 84°C peak.
              Still haven't checked that CPU block yet, I suppose I have the time now, being stuck at home. lol.
              No excuses.

Comment

I sold my folding/nas machine when my woman couldn't tolerate it anymore. It ran a 3 month stretch without any power glitches and managed to reach top 80 in R@H for a little bit, then it rebooted and I lost my position forever, oh well. That was a really fun build, I learned a lot about heat management and electrical costs of running such a beast 24/7 in a small house.
                Titanium is the new bling!
                (you heard from me first!)

Comment

You are still #4 in the team. Didn't you have those crazy dual-Xeons? Soon you'd be able to run a larger load on a Rzyen 4700U ultraportable

Comment

I still have the original CPU's for sale. I'm still holding on to until they go retro.
                    Titanium is the new bling!
                    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

My dual Xeon (Prestonia) is still operational, but I don't used it much... it mainly contains disks for offline backup, but the machine is too loud for normal use (it did not bother me at the time, but it bothers me now).

Maybe I should also get back into the folding... I have an older core i7-4790 with a gtx1070... hmm...
                      pixar
                      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I actually downclocked and undervolted my server (i7-37something) and it runs great again, albeit at R@H. not F@H. I am not sure which project is more relevant for Covid but both are working on it. I think F@H can use GPU, R@H is strictly CPU AFAIK.

I also found that I could undervolt&clock my lappy (an i7-8750H or somesuch) and have it run at 2.2GHz with 9 threads (out of 12) and it runs without any fans while using 25W. So I guess my next lappy in a year or two may well be AMD, tweaked to run at 25W.

Comment

Got a workunit for my Vega yesterday, worth over 56000 points.
                          Must have been important

I've set F@H to Covid-19, CPU and GPU on Full.
                          I use my old i5 for surfing and stuff anyway, and haven't been gaming in a while, so its dedicated to Folding.

Comment

To bad you won't bet on two horses ;D

Comment

Working...
                            X