No announcement yet.

WTF :2019-nCoV NovaCoronaVirus Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From German Federal Institute for Vaccines and Biomedicines report up to September 30th. 2021

Page 12/49
    Vaccine Reported side effects | serious side effects per 1000 | 1 in X serious
    Pfizer / Comirnaty 1,1 0,16 1 in 6250 serious
    Spikevax / Moderna 2,7 0,15 1 in 6667 serious
    Vaxzevria / Astra Zeneca 2,0 0,45 1 in 2000 serious
    Janssen / J&J 2,0 0,18 1 in 5556 serious

Percentage of all reported side effects resulting in death page 14

Pfizer / Comirnaty 1,3% 1 in 69'930
    Spikevax / Moderna 0,2% 1 in 185'185
    Vaxzevria / Astra Zeneca 0,8% 1 in 62'500
    Janssen / J&J 0,5% 1 in 100'000

Astra Zeneca has most reported side effects

If you're under 65 you are more likely to have serious (schwerwiegend) side effects from vaccine than die from Covid.
    If you are under 20 you are more likely to die from vaccine than from Covid.

In Slovenia official medical committee and health minister have confirmed that death of 20 year old girl after her J&J shot was caused by vaccine related thrombosis.

Comment

• Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
      Astra Zeneca has most reported side effects

If you're under 65 you are more likely to have serious (schwerwiegend) side effects from vaccine than die from Covid.
      If you are under 20 you are more likely to die from vaccine than from Covid.
      Interesting. Of course, these tallies are on side-effects possibly caused by a vaccine, it is not known whether they are actually caused by a vaccine, just that these tallies relate to people who had a vaccine prior to the reporting a possible side-effect. On the other hand, we count deaths from Covid where death may have been imminent anyway so I guess this really is the best data we have right now (and I expect for a long time to come).

I wonder how many serious side effects, aside from death, Covid itself causes. Moreover, assuming vaccines do have a positive benefit on infection, long-term illness and death, can we really compare against probability of death due to covid when the number of covid-deaths itself is lowered by vaccination?

I am not sure how to read table 12 (p 35/36). For instance, it seems to say, if I read this correctly, that for males younger than 18, you would expect 4.7 cases of thrombocytopenia per 100K but we see "only" 0.52 cases per 100K after a Pfizer-shot. I *think* that 0.52 is already corrected for time, i.e., the 4.7 is per annum while the 0.52 is measured in days since the shot. The reason I think the 0.52 is annualised is that the counter is at 5 for the 14, 30 and 42 days intervals (so I think it is the same 5 cases in each statistic) and the estimate declines (which implies that such side-effect occurs shortly after the shot or not at all and in the other cohorts the numbers do rise but less over time).
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Did some research on age:

Average age of Covid death in Slovenia as of today:
        All 80 years
        Men 77,7 years
        Women 82,2 years

Average age of death in Slovenia 2019
        Men 73,9
        Women 82,1

The average age of Covid death is higher than all-cause average age of death.

Sources: stat.si and sledilnik.org

Total Covid deaths 0-64 401 or 7,24% of all (5540) Covid deaths. 93% of Covid deaths are ages 65+
        About half (2456 or 44%) deaths are 85+

Traffic deaths 2019 93, 2020 79, 2021 109
        Traffic deaths 0-65 are around 85% of all traffic deaths.

So if you are aged 0-65 you are about 2,5 times more likely to die from Covid than in traffic accident in a given year.

risk of dying in traffic: 1 in 22'000
        risk of dying from covid: 0-64 1 in 9'000
        What about 0-64 taking up hospital beds (vaccinated vs unvaccinated)? And what happens if you reach saturation of your healthcare system due to a large influx of people? I guess Romanian figures provide a good example.

Comment

• Originally posted by dZeus View Post
          What about 0-64 taking up hospital beds (vaccinated vs unvaccinated)? And what happens if you reach saturation of your healthcare system due to a large influx of people? I guess Romanian figures provide a good example.
          Average age of hospitalized reported is 70 but it's not easy to find numbers on age of hospitalized.
          EDIT found data 57% hospitalized are 65+ 22% are 55-65.

80% of hospitalized are 55+

Population of 65-85+ is 77-86% vaccinated. All groups above 70 are 81-85% vaccinated. We have more hospitalizations than last year.

Saturation is reached because government thought of vaccine as Maginot line that is all that is necessary to stop virus and have allowed for nurses to leave for higher paying jobs. Capacities decreased. They thought that if we are 70% vaccinated there will be no or less hospitalizations because they haven't thought of plan B - vaccines don't prevent spread or hospitalizations.

Max reserve capacity was 300 ICU beds and we managed to stay below that.

Despite adult population being 65% vaccinated we had more hospitalizations in 2021 than in 2020.
          Last edited by UtwigMU; 2 December 2021, 06:30.

Comment

Average age of hospitalized reported is 70 but it's not easy to find numbers on age of hospitalized.
            EDIT found data 57% hospitalized are 65+ 22% are 55-65.

80% of hospitalized are 55+

Population of 65-85+ is 77-86% vaccinated. All groups above 70 are 81-85% vaccinated. We have more hospitalizations than last year.

Saturation is reached because government thought of vaccine as Maginot line that is all that is necessary to stop virus and have allowed for nurses to leave for higher paying jobs. Capacities decreased. They thought that if we are 70% vaccinated there will be no or less hospitalizations because they haven't thought of plan B - vaccines don't prevent spread or hospitalizations.

Max reserve capacity was 300 ICU beds and we managed to stay below that.

Despite adult population being 65% vaccinated we had more hospitalizations.
            Another contributing factor is that Delta is a LOT more contagious and virulent than the original strain. I agree that they've been too optimistic about the level of breakthrough infections and spread by vaccinated individuals.
            In hindsight, they probably should have doubled their efforts in vaccinating 50+ and giving timely booster jabs, vs trying to vaccinate part of the population who receive very little to no benefit from the vaccine (30-).

By lumping vaccinated and negatively-tested individuals in the same category on the health pass, the uninformed part of the population will interpret this as it's safe for a vaccinated 20 y.o.with a bad cold to visit their frail grandparent who was vaccinated 7 months ago.
            Last edited by dZeus; 2 December 2021, 06:27.

Comment

• Not yet peer-reviewed and first results so what we think we know may change in the near future of course (an uncertainty that anti-vaxxers and conspiracists use to "prove their point" by default) but for now it appears that Omicron is rather successful at escaping natural immunity. In South Africa, where vaccination rates are at about 25% and natural immunity was high (I don't have numbers) because they had a number of waves already, this makes Omicron successful. It remains to be seen how Omicron fares among highly vaccinated populations as it appears covid vaccine induced immunity is harder to pass for Omicron.

Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

• From what I read it has 4 mutations in spike protein. So unlikely to be protected by vax.
                USA case was vaxed. Omicron is in Straya. Unvaxed cannot enter Ozland, so a vaxed individual must have brought it there.

It has other mutations so likely also possible to infect recovered. This is pretty normal for coronaviruses such as flu and cold.

From what I read my early prediction of it being mild seem true:
                ZeroHedge - On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero

Cases also in Austria and rest of Europe.

Comment

• Moderna Omicron booster in March

Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

• Boosters are so 2021. Camps are the new hotness now.
                    Footage taken inside the internment camps. Australia will never recover from this, and it is not supposed to.

Woman not allowed to talk to people in camp in Australia.
                    5000 dollar fine for leaving your cabin in quarantine camp.

Comment

• Leaked Pfizer docs:

Repoort from 28th february

Table 1 Page 7
                      1223 fatal among 42086 reported cases = 2,9% of fatalities among reported side effects which is 2x more than 1,3% in German report.

According to Ourworldindata 2% of World population (160M) have been vaccinated as of February 28th. Cannot find how many of them are Pfizer. If we assume 50M Pfizer we arrive to 1 in 40.000 vaccinations resulting in fatality which is similar to German report of 1 in 69k.

Go to page 30 for 9 page of LIST OF ADVERSE EVENTS OF SPECIAL INTEREST

Age bracket 25-34 covid deaths share of population cohort: men 0,002% women 0,001% Slovenia as of today.
                      Vaccine deaths 0,0025%
                      Last edited by UtwigMU; 5 December 2021, 10:27.

Comment

Leaked Pfizer docs:

Repoort from 28th february

Table 1 Page 7
                        1223 fatal among 42086 reported cases = 2,9% of fatalities among reported side effects which is 2x more than 1,3% in German report.

According to Ourworldindata 2% of World population (160M) have been vaccinated as of February 28th. Cannot find how many of them are Pfizer. If we assume 50M Pfizer we arrive to 1 in 40.000 vaccinations resulting in fatality which is similar to German report of 1 in 69k.

Go to page 30 for 9 page of LIST OF ADVERSE EVENTS OF SPECIAL INTEREST

Age bracket 25-34 covid deaths share of population cohort: men 0,002% women 0,001% Slovenia as of today.
                        Vaccine deaths 0,0025%
                        Not sure what you mean to imply here. As far as I can tell, the German report 1.3% (Abbildung 2, p 14) relates to the period of December 27th, 2020 to September 30th, 2021. The Pfizer document runs till February 28th, 2021 only. So, as most countries started to vaccinate the elderly/vulnerable, I would suggest that a higher mortality rate for the shorter observation period is to be expected.

I am not sure about the list (page 30), as far as I can tell it is just a list listing what to look out for / monitor explicitly. The fact that they pay attention to a rather wide range of possible events seems comforting to me actually. It contains 37 variants of Herpes.

Comment

• The Pfizer report is in same ballpark as German report so it confirms it and it's orders of magnitude.

ZeroHedge - On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero

Zero healthy kids died of covid in Germany with population of 84M and 10M kids. 14 total under 18 deaths.

There is an age breakpoint below which vaccines have higher mortality risk than covid.
                          Last edited by UtwigMU; 6 December 2021, 05:48.

Comment

• Pfizer CEO says fourth Covid vaccine doses may be needed sooner than expected due to omicron

Comment

• So a likely 4th dose. This won't change much until a universal coronavirus vaccine arrives.
                              Dr. Mordrid
                              ----------------------------
                              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

• It is interesting how many close relatives now are confronted with it. In the previous waves we did not know many people, but now - both in Belgium and Poland - we already know of quite a lot of people where one or more members of the close family caught it. And also children, who are quite ill as a result...
                                pixar
                                Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
                                X