Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda E

Since this is partially EV forum now:
    The other day I watched video on Honda E and I must say I really really like it.

I like the retro futuristic look, clean design, wooden dash that has futuristic look in a way they saw future in times of Blade Runner.

I'm not getting an EV soon since I'd have to drive 300.000km to break even but hopefully this design language will turn up in future Honda models.

Highlits:
    rear wheel drive
    small turn circle
    0-100 (0-60mph) 8s
    Around 200+km (120m) range
    30k EUR / 35k USD
    Last edited by UtwigMU; 14 November 2019, 12:30.

First drive

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
      Since this is partially EV forum now:
      The other day I watched video on Honda E and I must say I really really like it.

I like the retro futuristic look, clean design, wooden dash that has futuristic look in a way they saw future in times of Blade Runner.

I'm not getting an EV soon since I'd have to drive 300.000km to break even but hopefully this design language will turn up in future Honda models.

Highlits:
      rear wheel drive
      small turn circle
      0-100 (0-60mph) 8s
      Around 200+km (120m) range
      30k EUR / 35k USD
      They'll probably sell all they can build.
      Its way too cute

The only limiting factor, like for a lot of EV's, is getting the quantity of batteries needed at a reasonable price.
      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Cybertruck
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 25 November 2019, 01:27.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
          Cybertruck
          I'm still waiting for the April fools announcement on that one.

Comment

Re: Cybertruck

A friend dug this out, article on future of automobiles from 1979 Penthouse magazine:

There is a hybrid design similar to Tesla Truck with wedge body, adjustable suspension, rear hatch/pickup truck, electric drive with electricity from alcohol.

Tesla Truck is the first Tesla design that I like. When new tech comes out, first things built still follow the form dictated by old tech, but once they get the hang of new tech, the form starts following new tech. An example are Greek columns which were originally made of wood. Once they made them in stone, greek column orders still retained elements that were necessary for wood (ie a band that would prevent wood from splitting) but only as design elements.

Tesla truck is the first Tesla car that is doing something other than frunk and moves cabin more towards front above front wheels which electric motors allow for. Also the form is more of a car rethought than making something already seen in Aston Martin, Ford Mondeo and Chrysler Neon.

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus View Post
              I'm still waiting for the April fools announcement on that one.
              >200,000 orders in 3 days, and counting.
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Re: Cybertruck

A friend dug this out, article on future of automobiles from 1979 Penthouse magazine:
                https://archive.org/details/penthouse-1978-10/page/n139.
                Ooo Penthouse. Haven't looked at a Penthouse magazine in 30 years.

And look! Lursa and B'Etor have a photo spread! (Page 56.)

Comment

>200,000 orders in 3 days, and counting.
                  yeah, 'orders' counting 100 USD refundable deposits

Comment

This is Musk's strategy which is working: on top of raising capital on stock market with banks and bonds, they generate hype, take pre-orders for couple of years which enables them to borrow millions at 0 interest rate and it's working. Musk understands the importance of generating attention (it's all over the news, I think the smashed windows was intentional as the Tesla fans will still pre-order) and brand image.

Comment

And now I'm hearing some police depts are interested in Cybertruck. Given the climate here SUV's have become popular with them, but this could work both as an all-weather/off-road vehicle and an interceptor.

Can you imagine a Cybertruck doing a PIT maneuver?
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

And now I'm hearing some police depts are interested in Cybertruck. Given the climate here SUV's have become popular with them, but this could work both as an all-weather/off-road vehicle and an interceptor.

Can you imagine a Cybertruck doing a PIT maneuver?
                        Based on direction USA has been going I can totally imagine police in Cyber Trucks

Comment

Based on direction USA has been going I can totally imagine police in Cyber Trucks
                          Pretty normal for this part of MI

1574731456782.jpg

1574731239399.jpg

And in Detroit...

1574731385045.jpg
                          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Another article from formtrends mentioning possible inspirations such as Delorean, Citroen Karina and Lancia Stratos HF with cool car pictures to look at.

Comment

Working...
                            X