SpaceX to offer quarterly "small satellite express" launches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpaceX to offer quarterly "small satellite express" launches

With a base cost of $1m for a 200kg payload this is going to put big pressure on the small launcher outfits.

SpaceX plans to launch regular Falcon 9 rideshare missions starting in March and won’t delay launches for tardy customers, a company executive said Oct. 8. 

SpaceX says rideshare missions will launch on time, even if partly empty

MOUNTAIN VIEW, California — SpaceX plans to launch regular Falcon 9 rideshare missions starting in March and won’t delay launches for tardy customers, a company executive said Oct. 8.

Tom Ochinero, vice president of commercial sales at SpaceX, said that the launch provider learned the importance of setting firm departure dates for rideshare missions by seeing the challenges customer Spaceflight had coordinating the 64 satellites that ultimately flew on the SSO-A mission SpaceX launched in December.
    >
    Ochinero, speaking at the Satellite Innovation 2019 conference here, said SpaceX won't stop mission timelines to fill empty space or wait for late smallsat operators.
    >
    SpaceX's first self-managed rideshare mission, a Falcon 9 mission to sun-synchronous orbit, is scheduled for March. After that, SpaceX intends to launch dedicated rideshare missions to sun-synchronous or polar orbits every quarter.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

That's more than 4 times cheaper than the 4.4 Million USD benchmark rate offered by the NA$$holes...
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Yup. Having warehouses full of Flight Provenâ„¢ Block 5's lets them launch for range fees + fuel + an upper stage
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
      X