Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: AMD 3800X Asus Tuf B450M-PRO Gaming Vega 64 Liquid Cooling Extravaganza ;)

Quote Originally Posted by TransformX View Post
    I think I'd move the radiator to the top of the case, this way the intakes will bring room temperature air into the case and hot air will be dissipated upwards and out of the case immediately.
    Tried to reply last night but internet on this PC was playing up.

I'm probably going to try and switch the fans around as a test at some point, that should show if its the temps or not.
    Funny thing is, even with the case open it does it.

It may be the thermal paste needs replacing on the GPU, or that just the CPU + GPU are too much.
    I managed a good hour or so of No Mans Sky yesterday, and then it just rebooted.
    Never get a bsod, just a straight up gzzzzz in the speakers, and a reboot.

CPU testing is fine, no problems there.
    Its only when the Vega is brought in to the mix...
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallowman View Post
    I had something similar happen on my home server. (set to never sleep)
    Could not get it stable, so I ran hwinfo to see if fans or heat issues....100% stable while hwinfo is running.

I think its was an idle power state issue, eventually found a stable video driver and it would not crash, next driver update it started crashing again.
    So my solution is just to run hwinfo at startup whenever I get a twitchy driver (krappy asus 250x video card)

Also the latest ryzens change power states a lot faster than previous cpu's and I don't think most mobo makers have it fully sorted yet.
    So hwinfo may be a decent stop gap solution if it is a bios issue, but apparently it has enough of a load to effect power states on an idle computer to effect temperatures.
    I am waiting for another bios update or 2 on my mobo before I upgrade my 1600x to a 3700x.
    I thought i saw some more stability when i set up HWInfo to log to file, but it rebooted while I was writing that...

I have HWInfo open all the time, or at least running.
    CPU never really goes above 77°C peak, 70's stable.
    GPU gets up to 60°C at the hotspot, but thats litterally the hottest reading for the GPU.

I'm also beleiving that the Bios is still not finalised yet.
    Apparently PBO for Ryzen 3000 will start to work properly from the next Bios, 1.0.0.4.

The Vega was working just fine before I switched the PC....i'll wait until the next Bios, and see whats up, and maybe do some more testing with the side off.

Getting nice boosts though.

In Stalker, single threaded, it goes up to ~4.6GHz, and all core while encoding, it was at ~4.3GHz all cores.
    Temps were 69-71°C CPU while encoding.
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.

One big thing, Gaming has never been so smooth

The FreeSync range on this monitor is 40-144Hz.
    Works a real treat.
    Not had above 60Hz since i retired my huge CRT (thats still in the garage, just waiting for the ultimate MAME build...).

Quote Originally Posted by Evildead666 View Post
    I managed a good hour or so of No Mans Sky yesterday, and then it just rebooted.
    Never get a bsod, just a straight up gzzzzz in the speakers, and a reboot.
    That's probably your hardware being disgusted by the game
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Quote Originally Posted by TransformX View Post
    That's probably your hardware being disgusted by the game
    Lol, I actually quite like it, and have just repurchased it on GoG (also have it on Steam).

In all seriousness, Its not the temps though. Pretty sure of that.
    Checked the HWInfo logs, and nothing is out of spec.
    Windows Logs are about as useful as a blind bat "Your computer rebooted unexpectedly...."

Could do with a Graphics card testing tool, like Memtest.

Might give OCCT a go and see what that can do...

You can go full retard with FurMark...
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

I've won online auction for x-rite display callibrator, which means I can now get a nice monitor and after that I will build a powerful video/photo editing desktop and finally after like 15 years since my Parhelia dual AthlonXP triplehead system I'll have a powerful desktop again.

Quote Originally Posted by UtwigMU View Post
    I've won online auction for x-rite display callibrator, which means I can now get a nice monitor and after that I will build a powerful video/photo editing desktop and finally after like 15 years since my Parhelia dual AthlonXP triplehead system I'll have a powerful desktop again.
    Its a very good time to upgrade.
    the prices haven't been this low, for this much power, for a long long time.

OK, so its been a few weeks.

I've finally come to the conclusion that its the GPU, and only the GPU, that is at fault.

Temps are not a problem at all, even with the air from the rad coming into the case from the front.

I reflashed the Video card Bios, for a more recent one, and so far it seems to be holding.

Ive left it on a Heaven loop and its not rebooted once (touch wood...).

Some GTA V, some No Man's SKy, all seems fine at the moment.

Kingdom Come and Asseto Corsa will give it a real test though

GPU is barely hitting 60°C at the hotspot temp, and the CPU is around 62-65°C, whilst gaming/benching.
    (CPU running stock, and GPU overclocked.)

CPU is running sweet just stock.
    Two cores hit 4.65GHz boost, and four others hit 4.6GHz.

Thread Information