Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hulu)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hulu)

Hulu is now mostly owned by Disney.

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy is making the leap to the small screen. Hulu is developing a new TV series adaptation of the popular science fiction series penned by Douglas Adams.

So far, the production team includes Carlton Cuse as showrunner and Jason Fuchs as feature writer. Cuse’s television credits include Lost, Bates Motel, The Strain, and Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, while Fuchs did story work on Wonder Woman and provided the screenplay for Ice Age: Continental Drift.

Why are so many pre-existing IPs turning to TV? It’s complicated
    For those few who might be unfamiliar with this classic of geekdom, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy tells the tale of Earth’s destruction so that aliens can build a space highway. It centers on a Brit named Arthur Dent and his best friend Ford Prefect, who is writing the travel guide of the title.
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

This will either rule or suck.

Comment

They'd better get Marvin right....
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Seem to remember a British TV show of it back in the 1981. I hope it's better than the movie version that to date is the only movie where I fell asleep during it.
        paulw

Comment

Jesus F**k.
          There was already a perfectly good TV version of this.
          It may have been done with pennies, but it was the definitive version of it, and i'm sure Douglas Adams approved.

Is nothing sacred anymore ?
          (Not sarcasm)
          PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
          Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
          +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Originally posted by paulw View Post
            Seem to remember a British TV show of it back in the 1981. I hope it's better than the movie version that to date is the only movie where I fell asleep during it.
            I fell asleep with 3 other people during Speed 2, it might have been carbon monoxide poisoning from the fuel heater, but I blame the film.
            /s
            PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Evildead666 View Post
              I fell asleep with 3 other people during Speed 2, it might have been carbon monoxide poisoning from the fuel heater, but I blame the film.
              /s
              Speed 2? Ewwwww....

Then there were the Shaky-Cam flicks starting with Blair Witch and Cloverfield. Dramamine recommended....
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                Speed 2? Ewwwww....

Then there were the Shaky-Cam flicks starting with Blair Witch and Cloverfield. Dramamine recommended....
                Seriously, It was a very boring film. I'm not sure how we survived.

I sort of stumbled through Blair Witch OK, Cloverield the 1st was the first vomit-cam film, iirc.
                There have been worse since. Tho I don't want to remember them right now

Comment

Is nothing sacred anymore ?
                  (Not sarcasm)
                  Sadly no
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Still sad about someone cancelling Dirk Gently.
                    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Evildead666 View Post
                      Seriously, It was a very boring film. I'm not sure how we survived.

I sort of stumbled through Blair Witch OK, Cloverield the 1st was the first vomit-cam film, iirc.
                      There have been worse since. Tho I don't want to remember them right now
                      Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

Just saying ...
                      "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Working...
                      X