No announcement yet.

Looking for a UPS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had a CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS for a year and a half and has worked flawless. Every power event it has alerted me, worked as it should and configured to work. Pure Sine power factor correction. It's for the 3D printer/octopi server. Amazon blessed me with this one on sale $107 lightning deal
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Didn't think that was accurate and actually checked my order. It was Nov 23, 2017 for $119.95
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I've had power cuts where the Monitor and amp went off, but when the power came back a few seconds later, they both came back on and the PC, and the Nas, hadn't noticed a thing.
        PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
        Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
        +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

I got the Cyberpower, and it is indeed dead silent under normal operation. On battery power or when charging the fan makes a bit of noise, but in those conditions it is not an issue for me. Interesting feature is that you can switch off the audible alert completely,convenient for home use.

But the cause of the psu issue has probably been found: on of the electronic dimmers (gira knx dimmer) in the appartment started failing. I know that dimming leds can introduce some harmonics, so probably a failing dimmer can really mess up the power quality. Even though the ups does not show anything wrong with the input power, the computer hasn't shown the issue since being plugged into the ups...
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
          X