• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been a while...

since I popped in...

How is it going here?
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Just got my car back. Last Wednesday I was turning on parking in front of subsidiary and there was a 30cm (foot) wall I didn't see over the bonnet Smashed front bumper. Sorted with insurance and local repair shop which lent me a Fiat Panda for couple of days - very nice car if you want a car that you don't care about and is easy to park. While the car was in shop I had them fix the other scratches so now it looks tip-top.

Otherwise busy, everything mostly fine.

How is the apartment?
    Last edited by UtwigMU; 15 July 2019, 13:09.

Comment

Had a cookout with kids, grandkids, grandkid friends, etc.

It was like being locked in a cage with 50 ADHD-afflicted squirrels
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
        Otherwise busy, everything mostly fine.
        Nice to hear! Sorry about the car but good that you managed to sort it out.

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
        How is the apartment?
        On Thursday renovations: the will bring in new cabling for intercom, TV and internet. Luckily we don't need new cabling for the main power supply. Many apartments do: gas is being removed from the building and people are required to go electric for cooking plates. But for that most apartment need new cabling. In addition, the meters (which are in the common corridor) are moved, so for some apartments this also means a new main cable as there cannot be an interruption in it. Luckily for us, we are in neither situation.

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
        Had a cookout with kids, grandkids, grandkid friends, etc.
        It was like being locked in a cage with 50 ADHD-afflicted squirrels
        Well, have an anual family party in September... this used to be a family Christmas party, but with too many childeren that became exactly that situation. In September, they can play outside.
        pixar

Comment

This week took a week off to teach Linux, I have head of IT of defense ministry among attendants. Interesting how .mil runs their IT.

Comment

So I am in Gent/Ghent/Gand for my first international (but non-rated) chess tournament. Just spent a week walking around in the Vosges. Doing great and having loads of fun.
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Took two weeks off and went the Gold Coast in Australia. Great weather and I think my wife must have improved their retail figures for July ..
              paulw

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
                So I am in Gent/Ghent/Gand for my first international (but non-rated) chess tournament. Just spent a week walking around in the Vosges. Doing great and having loads of fun.
                Hope you liked Ghent a bit... Probably in the middle of Gentse Feesten, so that may make it a bit more difficult to have a quiet visit. Don't forget to try cuberdons and (Geraardbergse) mattentaarten.

Originally posted by paulw View Post
                Took two weeks off and went the Gold Coast in Australia. Great weather and I think my wife must have improved their retail figures for July ..
                pixar

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
                  Hope you liked Ghent a bit... Probably in the middle of Gentse Feesten, so that may make it a bit more difficult to have a quiet visit. Don't forget to try cuberdons and (Geraardbergse) mattentaarten.

:
                  Actually, it was just outside the real centre at the St. Barbara college. In the gym. On the second (i.e. top) floor. No airco, few and small windows to open. It was freaking hot.

Otherwise, I played badly and lost to, I kid you not, an 11-yo girl.
                  Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                  [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Burp, feeling better than I have in over a year +. So decided to fix a headache with my new Omen 17t's OS not being updated on the 970 EVO NVMe SSD I upgraded from the stock Optane (OMG yuk). Solution is to pull and replace oem 1tb HD. Store it away for warranty and replace with another sata device. So I picked up a 860 EVO 2tb for $280 all up, solution worked a peach.

Then decided to do a few upgrades to my Creality / TinyMachines / TH3Dstudio / AMAZON (HAHA) CR-10 S4. Got a Tough all metal hotend E3D V6 compatable, titanium heatbreak, nickel plated copper alloy heatblock, 50w heater, EZABL, dual fang dual blower setup with a Wham Bam Systems chromium spring steel removable high temp (150c rated) magnetic bed build surfaced with PEX. new switching PS, Dual extruder MB, new display, new tension adjustable extruders x2 and everything else required to do a 2 into 1 extrusion. Not liking the dual hotend setup's as is being sold atm. Thats my goal but the main reasoning against it is you loose 30mm off of either left and right sides of the build area. Doesn't effect Y axis (depth). To me that reduces my build area to 340, silly waste if you ask me.

July 4th we set off a mess of fireworks for the neighborhood... planned ahead and bought lots of sparklers for the kids. Had a blast.

By 2036 we are expected to see heat indexes in Florida above 100f for 170 days a year. 70 days a year above 110f and we are in the market to buy a house. Makes you think
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X