do 4 MVac burns
    deploy ≥25 payloads to 3 different orbits
    perform a propulsive passivation maneuver
    over a period of 6+ hours

Date: June 24
    Time: 2330 EDT (0330 UTC June 25)
    Pad: LC-39A
    Recovery: LZ-1, LZ-2, ASDS Of Course I Still Love You

STP-2 is a ride-share mission for the USAF Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) with 24 payloads from DoD, MOAA, NASA, The Planetary Society and universities. Notables,

LightSail-2: Planetary Society's LightSail propulsion demonstrator

GPIM: Green Propellant Infusion Mission. Looking to replace hypergolic propellants, this will test the AF-M315E monopropellant (hydroxylammonium nitrate, aka HAN).

DSX: a multi-experiment package,

* The Wave Particle Interaction Experiment (WPIx) will resolve critical feasibility issues for very-low frequency (VLF) wave-particle interaction.

* The Space Weather Experiments (SWx) will measure and map the distributions of energetic protons, electrons and low-energy plasma in the inner magnetosphere to improve environment models for spacecraft design and operations.

* The Space Environment Effects (SFx) will determine the MEO environmental effects on common electrical components, circuits and materials. This includes NASAs Space Environment Testbeds (SET) experiments. SET will characterize how radiation driven by the Sun impacts hardware over time, paving the way for mitigating the effects of solar activity on spacecraft design and operations.

COSMIC-2: a constellation of 6 meteorology smallsats for NOAA and Taiwan. AKA FORMOSAT-7.

============

@SpaceX
    Static fire of Falcon Heavy completetargeting June 24 launch of STP-2 from Launch Complex 39A in Florida → https://t.co/QjQ85Pfc1O

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 19 June 2019, 22:17.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Elon Musk ✓ @elonmusk
    Targeting T-0 of 2:30 a.m. EDT for Falcon Heavy launch of STP-2; team completed additional ground system checkouts. Vehicle and payload continue to look good

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 24 June 2019, 18:58.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
    X