• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

About Christmas

Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I hope it's good. My expectations are low.

Disney is putting SW movies on hiatus after this. I think that's a good idea.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

The first scene showing sword against spaceship fight has confirmed that anything with Star Wars in it's name is a complete waste of bandwidth, time or money.

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
        I hope it's good. My expectations are low.

Disney is putting SW movies on hiatus after this. I think that's a good idea.
        They're working on the TV properties, such as The Mangalorian on Disney Plus, and bringing in the Game of Thrones writers/showrunners.
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Seeing how Game of Thrones has gone downhill in final seasons, having ran out of book material, bringing writers from the show is not good thing.

Comment

This video sums up perfectly the problem with season 8 writing:
            Game Of Thrones Season 8 Episode 5 Was An Absolute Disaster That Without A Doubt Destroyed Any Dignity That Remained In The Series Dan Weiss & David Benioff ...

(swearing)

Comment

Petition to remove Dumb and Dumber writer duo from star wars, 5k signatures and rising

They have pissed off about one million people with botched season 8.

Comment

Their image comes up first when you google bad writers.

Comment

This trailer parody is very good:

I read up on the corporate politics a bit.
                  Disney bought Fox and the stuff they had to sell after the purchase was sold at firesale prices (billions were lost on sales of parts of Fox such as ESPN). Disney mainly paid for Fox with stocks, so they needed to keep prices high.

Firing Kathleen Kennedy would have meant they price would have dropped. So Iger decided not to fire her but instead to personally greenlight any starwars movies and extend her contract for another 3 years until the acquisition settles. After that likely she will be fired (or percussive sublimation).

What is with Star Trek now? Has that one been ruined too? Have people hard time accepting Spock now solves problems with fists instead of his intellect?
                  Last edited by UtwigMU; 8 June 2019, 13:25.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
                    >
                    What is with Star Trek now? Has that one been ruined too? Have people hard time accepting Spock now solves problems with fists instead of his intellect?
                    The canon split between the TOS/TNG timeline and the Kelvin-verse timeline (2009+ movies) was caused by a rights issue between CBS and Viacom. Very complex, ego's (now fired) in the way etc.

The Viacom Kelvin-verse films petered out, and the only way CBS could revive was to start a sort-of TOS-canon Discovery series on their steaming network (US) and Netflix elsewhere (saying sort-of to mitigate Discovery's Spore Drive.)

Now CBS and Viacom are moving to a merger, but what to do with the divergent Star Trek timelines?

Step one is a 10 episode Star Trek: Picard streaming series, concentrating on him 20 years after ST: Nemesis with unfinished business.

What they'll do is try to deconflict the canons at their temporal nexus; when TOS Spock tried to prevent Romulus' sun from going supernova, with him and the Romulan ship from Star Trek (2009) being tossed into the Kelvin-verse timeline when it did.

Late 2019.
                    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 10 June 2019, 14:57.
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                    X