No announcement yet.

Hyper-V networkin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I teach IT courses (mainly Linux System administration I and II) in classroom and webinars. I have also taken some programming courses and I'm still taking language courses.

I would say that intro courses starting from scratch are still good, especially if you're a busy guy. You may know the basics but you probably have holes in them. On the other hand if you have basics covered you can go to advanced (level 2) course.

My experience is also that if you don't use the knowledge on some project (can be hobby or self learning) in a year after taking a course you will have forgotten most of it, while the stuff you used extensively even a decade ago can be recalled very quickly.

You could find individual weekly course where you also get homework - can probably be found online. You could work it out with someone remotely.

Comment

Microsoft has people who work certain forums and sites to provide answers to questions. They are generally front line grunts though.

High tier support and devs will sometimes going onto the sites/forums and answer questions. Typically when they are just surfing around or looking for people experiencing a specific issue to collect data against.

But people like me are generally paid to support commercial and government level issues. I moved over to a new team last year. Now I debug Windows itself.
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
      X