Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [H] is being mothballed, Kyle to work for Intel

[H] is being mothballed, Kyle to work for Intel

Effective April 1, 2019 I will be taking on the position of Director of Enthusiast Engagement for Intel’s Technology Leadership Marketing group. Intel wants to reconnect with the top of the high-performance consumer pyramid which contains hardware enthusiasts, overclockers, gamers, and content creators. This is the part of our community that has great influence through word of mouth and online engagement. I’ll be focusing on helping Intel get back in touch with this audience and re-establishing a voice and dialog on where the company is going with its future technologies. If you are reading this, you are very likely already part of this group.
    Remember the fights we had around Parhelia release when Kyle gave it a really bad review and even posted here? Those were the days.

Look at the Effective Date... this may be an attempt at punking us all...
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Posted (allegedly) on Tuesday , March 19, 2019...
      "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Seems it was for real.

We have written thousands of "The Bottom Lines" over the last couple of decades, but this is truly the last one. What I wrote in my "Goodbye HardOCP - Hello Intel" statement is not a cruel April Fool's Day joke. Tomorrow is my first day working for Intel...promise.

Comment

I remember Kyle telling me that AMD was going to sue the life out of me for OC/Modding the K7 Athlon's. Claimed some Athlon OC software was free and would replace my product. Then rewrote his review and killed my startup business, with further derogatory comments til the article either vanished or was a complete reversal of his opinion without logic to back up his claims. He did conspire with others to block my efforts to keep the project alive, but in the end and guy valued at ~$6m per anum and the hord of backers on [H], I stood no chance. He was wrong on all counts Kiss my ass Kyle
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X