No announcement yet.

handguns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our safe replaces and extends the back half of the Pacifica's console.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Yay, I completed the course and passed the exam today. The head of commission from police literally called me a nerd for having maximum points on written exam. Now I only need medical examination and club membership.

Comment

Congrats!
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
          Yay, I completed the course and passed the exam today. The head of commission from police literally called me a nerd for having maximum points on written exam. Now I only need medical examination and club membership.
          Congratulations!
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by MultimediaMan View Post
            "...Parking lots, right of ways, and other public access is exempted.
            I had a chance to talk to a police liaison last night.
            Actually it turns out the law in Oklahoma is that private owners can bar guns on any property they own, including parking lots, etc.
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Not exactly: Oklahoma State Law...

21 O.S 1277. Unlawful Carry in Certain Places
              Version 3 (as amended by Laws 2017, HB 1104, c. 165, § 1, eff. November 1, 2017)
              A. It shall be unlawful for any person in possession of a valid handgun license issued pursuant to the
              provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act to carry any concealed or unconcealed handgun into any of the
              following places:
              1. Any structure, building, or office space which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state or federal
              governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public;
              2. Any courthouse, courtroom, prison, jail, detention facility or any facility used to process, hold or house
              arrested persons, prisoners or persons alleged delinquent or adjudicated delinquent, except as provided
              in Section 21 of Title 57 of the Oklahoma Statutes;
              3. Any public or private elementary or public or private secondary school, except as provided in subsection
              C of this section;
              4. Any publicly owned or operated sports arena or venue during a professional sporting event, unless
              allowed by the event holder;
              5. Any place where gambling is authorized by law, unless allowed by the property owner; and
              6. Any other place specifically prohibited by law.
              B. For purposes of subsection A of this section, the prohibited place does not include and specifically
              excludes the following property:
              1. Any property set aside for the use or parking of any motor vehicle, whether attended or unattended, by a
              city, town, county, state or federal governmental authority;
              2. Any property set aside for the use or parking of any motor vehicle, whether attended or unattended,
              which is open to the public or by any entity engaged in gambling authorized by law;
              3. Any property adjacent to a structure, building or office space in which concealed or unconcealed
              weapons are prohibited by the provisions of this section;
              4. Any property designated by a city, town, county or state governmental authority as a park, recreational
              area, wildlife refuge, wildlife management area or fairgrounds; provided, nothing in this paragraph shall
              be construed to authorize any entry by a person in possession of a concealed or unconcealed handgun
              into any structure, building or office space which is specifically prohibited by the provisions of
              subsection A of this section and
              5. Any property set aside by a public or private elementary or secondary school for the use or parking of
              any motor vehicle, whether attended or unattended; provided, however, the handgun shall be stored and
              hidden from view in a locked motor vehicle when the motor vehicle is left unattended on school
              property.
              Nothing contained in any provision of this subsection or subsection C of this section shall be construed to
              authorize or allow any person in control of any place described subsection A of this section to establish any
              policy or rule that has the effect of prohibiting any person in lawful possession of a handgun license from
              possession of a handgun allowable under such license in places described in this subsection.

Do “No Gun Signs” Have the Force of Law?
              “NO”

21 O.S 1290.22. Business Owner's Rights
              C. A property owner, tenant, employer, place of worship or business entity may prohibit any person
              from carrying a concealed or unconcealed firearm on the property. If the building or property is open to the
              public, the property owner, tenant, employer, place of worship or business entity shall post signs on or about
              the property stating such prohibition.
              D. The carrying of a concealed or unconcealed firearm by a person who has been issued a handgun
              license on property that has signs prohibiting the carrying of firearms shall not be deemed a criminal act but
              may subject the person to being denied entrance onto the property or removed from the property. If the
              person refuses to leave the property and a peace officer is summoned, the person may be issued a citation for
              an amount not to exceed Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.00).

So if you offer parking or access, a legal gun carrier can stow their weapon in their vehicle.
              Last edited by MultimediaMan; 13 March 2019, 13:10. Reason: missed a line
              Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

In these parts there are very few "no guns" signs. You more often see none, or a few signs saying "legal carry welcome."

CPL = concealed pistol permit

9.9 million people in MI
                6.9 million adults over 21 (legal age to buy a handgun)
                993,026 CPL holders (2018)

This year the number of CPL holders may go well over 1 million.

Home invasions, robberies etc. can be downright unhealthy - even the blue-haired grannies and co-eds are packin' heat.
                Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 13 March 2019, 18:40.
                Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by MultimediaMan View Post
                  Not exactly: Oklahoma State Law...
                  So if you offer parking or access, a legal gun carrier can stow their weapon in their vehicle.
                  That's what I thought, but that doesn't appear to be how the OKC police read the law.
                  If it is elusively your parking lot owned by you, not public or shared, then you can prohibit firearms on your property.
                  The officer that I talked to is definitely in a position to know.
                  Chuck
                  秋音的爸爸

Comment

Can anyone tell me what kind of fireproof safe (required) is good for pistols. I'm renting the condo so while I can probably build the safe in, i'd not want to spend $$$$ on safe I'd leave behind. Or is a portable safe a thing?

Comment

Different countries have very different attitudes to guns.
                      Despite picture media paints (that Americans take minimum AR15 and sidearm when leaving house) I saw no one except police and security carrying firearms in NYC. The locals told me bullets purchases are limited to a few and some enthusiasts had to buy few bullets per day to get to 4 digit number. One American guy I talked to, told me he never fired a gun in his life and he voted for Trump.

In israel all security guards, even those aged 60 have pistols and for every public building, even museums and swimming pools you go through security check. In hotel I was staying there was ~60 year old Israeli (with knitted kippah which locals tell me means he's from West bank) having breakfast with his wife with pistol in a holster. When I took the bus from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem a bunch of female recruits with M16s rode on the bus. In Jerusalem's jewish part there were many soldiers going to the West Temple wall (on a pilgrimage), who all were armed.

In Philippines ATM, bank, shopping center is protected with a security guard with a shotgun. Sometimes there are two, one with a shotgun and another with an assault rifle. Some convenience stores have security guards with pistols.

In Slovenia most (95%) security guards at stores and the like are unarmed. Only responders who come when there is an emergency or alarm triggered and money transport guards have pistols. Apart from those or police no one carries holsters. When you take a walk around town, you meet acting president on a jog with just one security guard. Surprisingly guns are seldom banned on premises (IIRC only courthouses and airport have signs prohibiting guns) but you're not allowed to carry guns in public in a way that would disturb passer-bys.
                      Last edited by UtwigMU; 14 March 2019, 09:05.

Comment

Originally posted by cjolley View Post
                        That's what I thought, but that doesn't appear to be how the OKC police read the law.
                        If it is elusively your parking lot owned by you, not public or shared, then you can prohibit firearms on your property.
                        The officer that I talked to is definitely in a position to know.
                        My employer (Walmart) was forced to change their firearms policies in TX, OK and AR to specifically allow their employees to have guns in their cars (customers were already permitted), and not in the buildings. Our legal department was dead set against guns on any Walmart facility. They had a pretty long email about it, too.

Now, I can keep my pistol in my vehicle when I go to work. Before, I couldn't bring one in the parking lot. As a matter of fact, salaried homeoffice associates couldn't ~technically~ purchase a firearm from the company the way the rules were written. That has changed.
                        Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Check out our official website: http://us.tomonews.net/Check out our Android app: http://goo.gl/PtT6VDCheck out our iOS app: https://itunes.apple.com/app/to...
                          "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Last year three Detroit women; grandma, mother and daughter, were leaving for church when an armed robber attacked. The mother bolted into the house, retrieved her pistol and killed the robber dead as Caesar. 2 shots amidships.

You think they'd learn that even grannies are armed.

A few years ago Newsmax interviewed 'take no prisoners' Detroit Police Chief James Craig on the topic of an armed citizenry. Chief Craig is popular inside and outside of Detroit.

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 20 March 2019, 21:40.
                            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                            X