Happy New Year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy New Year!

Happy new year everyone! How was 2018 for you, what are you looking forward to in 2019?

I worked all year, haven't gone anywhere, solved most financial problems. Hopefully next year I can build up some reserves and go on vacation.

Indeed. Working on upgrading from WHS2011 to WSE2016. I'm looking forward to have it running without issue.
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Happy new year!

Looking forward to more time with my girlfriend (after 2 years in Spain) and more time with family (easier connection from Warsaw than from Santiago), a working 3D printer (work in progress), and the time/chance to make some order in a spare room and finally to make order with all the data on the computer... (and of course to obtaining habilitation, but that is out of my hands and I just have to wait)
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Happy New Year!
        The Shock and Awe of loosing my beloved 7 year old laptop due to an accident two months ago forced replacements and upgrades. After order was placed with HP with a ship on Dec 6, deadline was delayed until the 19th of Dec. Then Fedex dropped the ball three times in China and once in Japan. 2-4 day delivery took 7 business days, with the last days delivery before 10:30am blew by. I have pictures of the truck here at 10:30 - 10:40am, but blew past my house. Took it for an all day joy ride around town making it his last delivery at 6:30pm on a package that had to be signed for. Errr

New HP Omen 17t-an100 CTO, Win10 Pro, 500gb 970EVO M.2 SSD, 1tb HD (7200rpm, to be replaced with an 860EVO sata ssd shortly), 10tb external HD, external m.2 SSD USB 3.1 case/controller, external 1tb 850 EVO SSD, 2/ 7 port usb 3.0 powered hubs and a 4 port 2.0 hub. Have it hooked up to a Samsung 32" HDTV extended screen. Display on laptop is great Gsync 144Hz FHD 17" look nice tho I do have better AMOLED and OLED displays on other devices eg Note 4 cell phone, S3 tablet, and a new 65" LG 4k OLED purchased last summer.

It's an acoustic designers dream machine. Via usb, network and or BT 5.0 stream audio. Software: ARTA, Horn Response, LATL, WinISD, BBPro, REW, RePhase, Acourate, JRiver, FooBar2k, VLC, applicable MiniDSP plugins for various electronic DSP based digital crossovers using IIR and FIR processing. Currently running 2/ miniDSP 2x4HD 4way crossovers fed via toslink optical. Signal flow: PC USB, Topping D10 DAC, Optical Switch, Optical Splitter, 2x miniDSP 2x4HD's, 4/ 2x150w/ch Class D Pro amps, 3.5way speakers I'm designing.

A new cheapy HP inkjet all in one printer and I pray, still awaiting the HP Pagewide color laserjet ordered on Cyber Monday arrives soon. BestBuy said on the day it was to be delivered that it was delayed and that if we did not receive by Jan 17th they would cancel the order. I don't like that.

Got in on a Kickstarter with Wham Bam Systems Flexible magnetic bed and PEX build surface. It's a high carbon spring steel that attaches via high temp super magnets and has a PEX build surface. Lift the bed off and bend to remove part. Leaves a mirror surface and no more braking parts trying to remove them and it holds what is printed 2nd to none. Should be here in a day or so. They will be available later this month eg January in a multitude of sizes. Lots of mods to do to my Creality CR10 S4

And may be moving very soon or much later, don't know. Landlord is not 'Professional' and keeps breaking their own self imposed timelines and promises, like abiding to the lease agreement, building code violations, etc. I want to move ASAP and have wanted to move for some time but the other half wanted to wait til after the holidays (understandable. Landlord is taking an offensive posture so I may have a very busy week in the legal dept. Flipside of that coin is my neighbors don't want me to move and I like them too. It's just this House is just WAAAYYYY TOOO SMALL, no garage, antiquated (no dishwasher, no desposer), unkept, fence falling down, riddled with code violations and the ceiling leaks, one property management slumlord after another (4 <3 years) with an owner that is the widow of Scrooge. I don't like that

My goal for 2019:
        Make it so you like it better
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X