New Linux driver for Matrox hardware December 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Linux driver for Matrox hardware December 2018

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Also out is the xf86-video-mga 2.0.0 driver for Matrox graphics hardware. At least here the hardware is slightly newer and a bit more relevant with Matrox chips being found on some workstation boards. This Matrox X.Org driver is working the best on G200/G400/G450 hardware while some other hardware like the Matrix Millennium and G550 are borked. This first update to the Matrox driver in years has a number of fixes, support for the G200EH3 device, and other minor alterations.

Just for disclosure, the code is currently broken for Millennium, Millennium II, and G550.
    For those models, you may have to disable acceleration to workaround the issue. (the workaround is untested)
    The code is untested on Mystique and G100 due to lack of access to the hardware at this time.
    The code works generally okay on G200, G400, and G450.

lol , wish my old g200 was pci.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmallowman View Post
      lol , wish my old g200 was pci.
      I have another Supermicro with G200 on the way.

Comment

Working...
      X