so much boxes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so much boxes...

Last days in Santiago. Today my stuff will be picked up to be shipped... 8 boxes, 2 big suitcases and some minor things. Where the hell did it all come from? I was barely here 2 years.
    Well, not fully a fair question... if I had not decided to ship stuff earlier on, things would go a bit different... but still...

On thing I should have gotten: vacuum bags to more compactly pack winter blankets, pillows and clothes. I have such bags at home, and it would have really helped to lower the volume. So just a tip for those who need to move!

For the last couple of nights I'll stay at a university residence and on Sunday I return to Warsaw.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Safe trip, hope apartment woes on return won't be overwhelming.

Comment

Wait, what? It's been two years already??
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
        Wait, what? It's been two years already??
        It would be in February. I stop 2 months earlier for easier administration, and have saved up enough holidays to take December.

But yes... 2 years.
        pixar

Comment

The all arrived! As the result of some miscommunication, it was not sent on a pallet but as separate boxes . With UPS, who last time lost 2 of my 4 boxes and while both got recovered, one was clearly dropped from height.

I was assuming it would be shipped with a pallet, so packed a bit with that in mind. The boxes do seem to have suffered a lot, and the way the driver treated them was worrying: complete disregard for indications which side goes up, or hande with care labels. But... from my previous experience, I learned a lot, so while the boxes seems to have suffered on the outside, the contents were not damaged! Quite a success for 13 shipped items, with a total weight of approx. 110 kg!
          pixar

Comment

Working...
          X