No announcement yet.

New Build after a few years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a nice machine. I just put a 1TB Samsung 970 PRO M.2 SSD in my new lappy (that no one builds the way I would want them to build it godarnit, another story). and I have to say: It is a monster.
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Actually I took some pics during my ZFS NAS build. I have parts for new ESX (same as ZFS NAS only Xeon instead of Pentium and more powerful SAS controller).

Assembled in Case by utwig1337, on Flickr

Denty: congrats on the build, may it serve you well. I'm still months off from building workstation.

Comment

Sweet looking NAS. I was initially running my machine in a StoreMI config but opted to simply boot from the SSD after about 6 months. Two of my other old machines died so I now boot big sur 11.23 of a BX300 256GB SSD that was salvaged from one of them. Looking to build a new system but no is NOT the time to be building LOL. Wanted to go B550 5600 6700XT 32 GB but prices are beyond ridiculous. Next March should be OK. Hoping that 5600X will then be reasonably priced as it seems AMD have no intention of bringing out lower skus of Zen 3. Hopefully Xe top sku will be out at a reasonable price and that forces the duopoly of AMD/nVidia to drop their prices. If they don't I will just get the intel GPU if it is any good.
        [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
        Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
        Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
        Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
        Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Working...
        X