Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• creation of html5 graphics

Hello,

Simple question... Is there a drawing program or so that allows you to save the drawing as a list of html5 commands?

I'm working on a javascript app and would like all the graphics done in html5, but entering all the graphics through commands is quite cumbersome. It would be very convenient if I could for example just draw and then generate the commands needed to get this drawing...

I've found Ink2Canvas, which should allow SVG made in Inkscape to be saved as an html5-canvas but I haven't tested it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Ink2Canvas crashes... looking at the dates on Github, it is quite old and not maintained...

Any suggestions?
    pixar

Comment

I think just use svg.

Comment

supposedly illustrator supports this and perhaps new corel draw does also.

download demos of both and try.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
          I think just use svg.
          The thing is: I'm using Tizen developer to make a watchface for my Gear S3. Easiest would be to use their Gear Watch Designer, but it does not give access to all data the watch has and I have some idea that I would like to try. Using Tizen Developer, development can be done in as a native app in C++ or as a web-app using html5 and javascript. While it is perfectly possible to use external graphic files, I have an idea to make something more dynamic but it requires control over the drawings. Rather than resort to using multiple graphic files, which I think would make it too messy and big, I would use the html5 canvas. Samsung has demo code for this. I really don't need complicated graphics, but particularly bezier curves / splines and fill patterns are not always easy to predict. I would like to avoid running the code too frequently, as it is not efficient to start it (my laptop does not support the emulator due to lack of the required VT-d instruction set, and the web simulator is slow to start). Not having to mess around to draw a few simple lines would facilitate things.

I have found some online svg to html5-canvas converters, so they might suffice. If not, I'll guess I'll have to resort to good old paper work to plan it (combined of course with some drawing tool that allows me to draw curves and allows me determine the positions for the control points manually).
          pixar

Comment

Check Corel Draw, Corel draw has since forever been able to import and export almost every file format. In that case you can draw in whatever vector app you like, export to pdf or ps and then if corel allows it export to html. Alternatively you can for sure export corel to adobe llustrator and for illustrator I read there is 3d party plugin that does html5. illustrator also opens ps and pdf.

Comment

Yes, but it is just for my own small project which I'm having fun with but I don't even know if I will finish it. I'm not going to buy software for it.
              I've tested this online converter:
              SVG to HTML5 Canvas Converter based on canvg.js, can be used in Qunee for HTML5 as node image

and it seems to manage quite well in converting svg files made in inkscape to html5 canvas. The resulting code should be cleaned up a bit but that is easy to do. Of course I will have to change the coordinates to match the space/position I have, but I think I should manage with that. It is the only online converter I've found that can deal with fill styles and gradients...
              pixar

Comment

Working...
              X