Dumb as a ****ing rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb as a ****ing rock

Cross a police line to scrap something? Really??

MILWAUKEE -- A suspicious package investigation in downtown Milwaukee took an unexpected turn Monday when a bystander suddenly walked up to the item in question and began rummaging through it, prompting investigators to tackle him. 

The backpack was reported shortly before 7 a.m. in the 100 block of W. Wisconsin Avenue, prompting a response by Milwaukee Police and the bomb squad. 

Video shows the man crossing the police tape, walking up to the backpack and dumping out the contents. 

It’s not clear if the man had any connection to the investigation. 
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Reminds me though of a scene in a British TV series (Jonathan Creek):

Two people walk to the badly parked car of one of them, and then one notices it has a wheel clamp.
    So he starts shouting: "how can you let this happen? We need to get somewhere and now we are stuck!".
    To which the other one replies: "Shhh... keep your voice down...".
    Then he takes out a key and unlocks the wheel clamp, saying: "it is my wheel clamp, it is the only possible way to park a car in London.".
    Last edited by VJ; 22 May 2018, 03:16.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I wonder if he thought it was a bag full of money from a bank robbery. He sure looked disappointed at the contents.
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

A year ago some guy took 250kg (550lb) WW2 US bomb home in Slovenia. Found it with metal detector while playing with son on nearby castle hill, dug it out and then brought it home with his truck. After that he notified police and was sad that he was unable to keep the bomb.

They had to evacuate 400 people in 1km radius for disposal and had to connect with Germans who have experience with this type of bomb.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload
        Last edited by UtwigMU; 22 May 2018, 07:49.

Comment

I guess it quickly showed as to whether the package was a bomb or the like.
          Last edited by paulw; 22 May 2018, 13:53.
          paulw

Comment

Originally posted by paulw View Post
            I guess it quickly showed as to whether the package was a bomb or the like.
            Hey, maybe the bomb squad should hire him. They could save a lot of time, at least for a while.
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Rofl!
              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
              X