Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Umfriend View Post
    Congrats! So what are the plans?
    First some renovations in the apartment... Not joking! There will be a full renovation of the common areas - photos may follow...

But seriously: not that much will change at first, I will most likely join a second institute (and divide my time between them). Initially I'll work on applying previous work to perform real analysis on energy use and planning but I most likely will also work a bit on iot and intelligent systems for building management.
    The biggest difference will be rather personal: I will have full freedom to plan my work and where I work.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by VJ View Post
      The biggest difference will be rather personal: I will have full freedom to plan my work and where I work.
      ALWAYS a plus
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

For people capable of independent work and thought freedom is the most important.

Comment

Just received word that the last formality has passed: the scientific council voted in favour. This means that I now officially have the habilitation (the piece of paper will be given later).

Apart from the independent status, it is not that important anymore (and it may even become completely irrelevant if some proposed changes are made later this year - although it seems they will not completely abandon it) but it still seems a requirement before you can guide PhD students and still carries some academic status which it won't lose overnight, despite of what changes may come.

I already got a request to give some classes on the topic (for PhD students) and they asked me if I would be interested in having my own PhD students. So for sure the fact that it went via the council made my presence known!
          Last edited by VJ; 27 February 2019, 07:45.
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Excellent news! Congrats!!
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
            X