Boston Dynamics robots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Dynamics robots

Should have consolidated their new videos long ago.

Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Somehow I feel Handle is more science-fiction-y:

maybe because of the fact that it looks nothing like anything in nature...
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Couple of years ago I saw Honda Asimo live - it could run with both legs in the air. The children in auditorium became so emotionally attached, they cried when he left the stage.

Comment

Perhaps a bit of topic...

Childeren are different of course.... but I had this discussion with my colleague about friendly robots. He commented on the aspects of a robot that exhibits emotions e.g. through eyes (shown on a display or so). I comment that I actually don't care about it, because I know it is fake. It does not mean it cannot look nice, but in the end it has no meaning: the robot does not have emotions, and any emotion it expresses is a result of its programming.
        pixar

Comment

With AI processors in the pipeline which are wired like neurons, and to a degree like glial cells which communicate using neurotransmitters, some emotional responses may emerge.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
            With AI processors in the pipeline which are wired like neurons, and to a degree like glial cells which communicate using neurotransmitters, some emotional responses may emerge.
            Nah... even AI things at the moment still cause an action based on environmental stimuli and inputs. Sure it may be possible to get a reaction that is a correct emotional response to the situation, but deep down the response is still fake: the robot itself does not feel emotion, it just expresses one that is considered appropriate.
            pixar

Comment

Working...
            X