Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there something like Intel SmartConnect for Windows 10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there something like Intel SmartConnect for Windows 10?

Hello,

A simple question... I have an Asus Z97-A, which supports the Intel Smart connect technology:

This is no longer supported on Windows 10... Is there some alternative for this?

Thanks,

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Did you try it with Windows 10?

Comment

I'm not near that computer now, so I cannot try it. But I read online that it does not work and that the driver crashes. As it is unsupported by Intel, there is no fix.

The reason I'm interested in it is the following. I have a simple home automation system and learned it is possible to run a small server (e.g. on a raspberry pi, or in a virtual machine) to increase its functionality (e.g. to supply temperatures and forecasts to the system). I don't have a raspberry pi (that is still an option as well), but thought the SmartConnect functionality could be perfect. The small server is very light weight, and it seemed like a good idea. Waking up the computer fully ever x hours seems a bit of overkill and then going the raspberry pi route may be the better option.
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
      X