Any experience with RØDE mics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any experience with RØDE mics?

At work we are in the process of buying camera + mic to shoot some product videos and fairs inside. Mainly machine use howtos for start. I'm also myself in process of upgrading to a DSLR, so I'm also planning to purchase one mic for myself.

I see Rode lineup Go 60€ Videomic 90€ Pro 170€ and Pro Plus 290€. What would you guys recommend?

The YT community is pretty well sold on RØDE mics. Two or Three of my favorite YT creators use them and seem to like them:

I decided to get a new camera mount made up so that I could hold both the GoPro camera and new Rode mic together on the Noga. You'll see some basic milling w...

I answer more of questions from the viewers, touching on two of the popular models of Noga indicator holders I use and the part numbers. I also mention about...

The "Keiths" (Fenner and Rucker) seem to prefer the RØDE lapel Mics and FM Transmitters.

Fenner is not impressed with Samson Airline:

My personal review of the Samson Airline micro wireless microphone system and the Samson brand. I bring an end to the microphone problem for the last time. ;...

Our In-House Videographers are sold on RØDE as well.
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

I'm the in-house videographer now besides my other duties of CIO, last minute documentation writer, translator and chauffeur for Russian chicks, Israelis and Brazilians. Which mic should I recommend boss to get, we've ordered Olympus OMD EM1 II.
      Last edited by UtwigMU; 3 January 2018, 17:27.

Comment

Abom79 (Adam Booth) uses a RØDE Pro Plus which is very good with extraneous background noise. If you watch these videos, they will do shots of machining operations with live voice overs and you can clearly hear him and the machine (many time the sounds the machine makes indicates how well it is cutting. Having a lathe and a mill myself, I can vouch for the audio quality from his videos to my shop equipment. I'm 49 now, and I still have pretty good range of hearing. Sony Or Olympus; you can't go wrong.
        Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

I bought Videomic pro (not the plus) Rycote yesterday. I recorded some test video on noisy factory floor today and the speech is very good. You can hear bangs and clicks but it has very good control over noise.

Comment

You can check some videos I've made on the fair at valmar dot eu or FB page linked from there.

Comment

Working...
            X