Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jesus Christ Superstar (NBC: Live, Easter 2018)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus Christ Superstar (NBC: Live, Easter 2018)

John Legend as Jesus
    Alice Cooper as King Herod

http://deadline.com/2017/05/jesus-ch...ce-1202089007/

Jesus Christ Superstar: NBC Sets Live Staging Of Classic Musical For Easter 2018

Whats the buzz? Tell me whats a-happening. Well, NBC has set its next live musical event this time for Easter. Its Jesus Christ Superstar, the classic 1971 rock opera from Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice, who will executive produce alongside Marc Platt and the Peacocks live-musical veterans Craig Zadan and Neil Meron. It will air April 1, 2018.

First envisioned as a concept album based on Jesus life, the show features such memorable songs as I Dont Know How to Love Him a top 30 pop hit for 19-year-old Yvonne Elliman, and a breakthrough 1971 cover by Helen Reddy Hosanna and Whats the Buzz?/Strange Thing Mystifying. It also features such biblical figures as Judas Iscariot, Mary Magdalene, Pontius Pilate, Caiaphas, Annas, Peter, Simon Zealotes and King Herod.
    >
    "As we continue to expand the profile of our live musicals, we are thrilled to be partnering with Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice to bring a new live staging of the iconic Jesus Christ Superstar to NBC," said Robert Greenblatt, Chairman of NBC Entertainment. Casting has just begun, but we want to fill out this classic show with as many recording artists as possible to give proper voice to what is the original rock opera score.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I own the original album and the digital (flac). Stunning piece of music. You can bet a huge production from this one
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
    X