Cryptos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- Off topic
    But you can try dumping rainy day cash in Singapore Banks if Swiss Banks are not optimal
    Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
    ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

I invested £100 over the Christmas holidays. £50 on Ethereum currently worth £62 and £50 on Litecoin which lost about £6 before I transferred it over to Ripple. After fees etc that's now worth $67 (about back to the original £50), so up a bit. I'll wait and see I think for what I do next. I'm not in it to play with thousands that I can't lose

Comment

Steve, which exchange did you use?

Comment

Coinbase for the original investment - they sort your ID out in a few hours, seem quite professional, been around for a good few years and their app works well, but they only do 4 currencies (BTC, BCH, ETH and LTC). Tried signing up with Bitstamp and Gatehub but they're taking weeks to OK my ID. I did the ripple exchange bit using Bitsane but I can't recommend them - their site goes offline and they don't respond to attempts at contact - basically they can't cope with the increase of demand recently.

Comment

Just a small heads-up:

Look away now if you own bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. This won't be breaking news to you if you are invested, but today has seen the entire crypto
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Argh I'm down - do I buy more or run away!!?!?! (I only ever invested a couple hundred £)

Comment

Only "invest" what you can loose
                Make a strategy - if you fail to plan, you plan to fail
                I'd say BTC is positioned to return to maybe higher share of crypto capitalization, question is if overall crypto capitalization will increase. If you look at past years there was a January effect.
                It's also possible the music is ending.

I'm planning to do a mining joint venture with friend.
                Last edited by UtwigMU; 17 January 2018, 02:37.

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU View Post
                  Only "invest" what you can loose
                  Make a strategy - if you fail to plan, you plan to fail
                  I donnow. To me this is like saying: "Put everything that you can loose on red". And what is there to plan? Buy at 5K and sell at 15K? It may never drop below 5K and never rise above 15K. I fail to see the wisdom here.
                  Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                  [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Yeah if people were really able to plan then we'd all be rich!
                    The currencies have all recovered a bit now which is nice.

Comment

Working...
                    X