No announcement yet.

Murc is a phishing site???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know about phishing sites but I recently unlisted an IP from spam blacklists and ultimately I got to talk to persons in the end.

Comment

Yandex.ru started claiming we were a phishing site over a year ago. I complained to Yandex through official channels and got nowhere. Google is probably just jumping on that bandwagon "just to be on the safe side"
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Goddamned Russians again...

Comment

Originally posted by KRSESQ View Post
          Goddamned Russians again...
          I knew we had too much discussions on the elections...

But seriously: this may make MURC unavailable at one point. If Google just jumped on the Yandex info, an ISP might be next and could decide to black list the site...
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

That's odd...I just went into the Political and Religious forum and I cannot bring anything up from the past year. Everything appears to have been wiped out.

I was going to copy/paste one of my comments to point out that maybe we're being targeted by the Russians because they think we're on to them.

My comment, in essence: "Every popular crazy conspiracy theory you've heard in the past 60-70 years (including the JFK assassination, the Moon Landing hoax, 9-11/inside job and Jade Helm) was invented by Russian Intelligence in order to foment distrust and discord in the west."

You can call me paranoid if you want to, but I stand by my comment and I tell everyone who will listen.

I have a brother who loves those conspiracy theories, and he doesn't like my theory at all.
            Last edited by KRSESQ; 12 October 2017, 09:23.

Comment

"Jade Helm" would be a great name for a new movie character: daughter (or granddaughter) of US super spy Matt Helm.

Comment

If worst came to worst, I'd be willing to set up a stateside server with a new domain name so we can continue our activities. IF Sasq is willing to migrate again!

Comment

I am being forced to use Edge to keep up to date with Murc. Someone please stop this madness!!!
                  FT.

Comment

Doc, you mentioned you weren't having any problems. Could you share your browser settings, extensions, etc, please? Maybe we can get this figured out.

Comment

Think Google, or at least Firefox has now removed Murc.ws from being a Phishing site. I was given an option to report in and write in that the alarm was false. Did so, and it looks OK here for me now. Anyone else able to see if it's all clear now for them?

J1NG

Comment

Still not OK in Firefox on another IP with browser restart.

Comment

Gah, it was working fine for a few hours even on different machines and browsers here. Looks like it's been reinstated.

If memory serves from last time, it was some news report because something on the dark web was using the moniker of murc, so we got banded into it through association or something like that.

Then there was a random injection of code to divert traffic going to murc to some other dodgey site when you attempt to click on the google murc.ws link. No idea whether either of those is still the ultimate cause of the issue or something else.

J1NG

Comment

I am on Virgin Media and I just had to turn off Web Safe to view the site even on the Edge browser.

I submitted a complaint but don't expect it'll help much.
                            FT.

Comment

This morning I got the usual Opera warning and now a new NOD32 phishing site warning. What's going on here??
                              paulw

Comment

I don't know, but it is now (as of this morning) completely blocked at my workplace on any browser.
                                Chuck
                                秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                                X