Murc is a phishing site???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murc is a phishing site???

Suddenly Google Chrome has flagged Murc as a "dangerous Phishing site" for me.

Has anyone else gotten this warning?

Murc has been flagged as malicious by Opera for like a year. It's something with other sites hosted on same server. Sasq has looked into it.

Comment

No Chrome warning here <shrug>
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I get no warning in Chrome either but I'm normally using Opera which is based off Chrome.

Comment

I get the warning in Opera (on my mobile), and today I also got it in Firefox (but the phishing message came from Google, no idea how that happened. It gave me a possibility to report an incorrectly flagged site, so I filed it.
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I just got the Phishing Site message in Firefox. Very strange...
            ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard, Intel Core i7 2600K CPU @ 4.3GHz, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 Ram, Pioneer DVR-219L DVDRW, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD, Western Digital Black 1TB SATA HDD, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB, Everything being driven by Windows 10 Professional (64Bit)...

Bored Yet?

Comment

Me too (FF, PC).
              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

I've also gotten phishing site warning in Firefox. Had an option to report to google a false positive.

Comment

Same here in Chrome and Opera. They won't let me in at all. They also resolve it to www.forums.murc.ws. Not sure what that means.
                  No problem with Edge or Pale Moon though.
                  Chuck
                  秋音的爸爸

Comment

I wonder if some miscreant is hijacking the murc.ws domain for email phishing and that's what is triggering the warnings?

Comment

same here...Chrome!
                      Not in Edge though.

Comment

No issues on Chrome here but I'm in Singapore, not sure if it's region specific.
                        Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                        ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

I have phishing warnings now in both Chrome on Windows and Chromium on Linux.

Comment

Same here. Complete bullshit... considering the person "reviewing" or "curating" the website is probably younger than the MURC Forum...
                            Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Is it a person though or is it an automated process?
                              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
                              X